Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Recover data after format,

Last response: in Windows XP
June 24, 2010 2:07:29 AM

Hi,
anybody can help me how to recover data afer reformat(yes it sill happaned). I have W'XP Pro laptop with 100G drive , NTFS. I actually need pictures stored in pre formated "My Documents" folder,
after getting virus one guy renistalled OS and did format during this, so now I have another My Picture folder with nothing on it.

Appreciate you help, which soft I can use.

Tx
Dai

More about : recover data format

June 24, 2010 9:12:44 AM

Hi, you can find one or several trustworthy photo recovery tools that should be useful tools in recovering lost photos of different formats. A step-to-step user guide is below:

First, download Wondershare Photo Recovery http://www.disk-utilities.com/photo-recovery/index.html.... And install it someplace other than the disk that you want to rescue deleted photos.

Second, launch it, select the disk you want to rescue in left list and click "Next" to start the automatic scanning process.

Third, choose the ones you want to recover from the list of all recoverable photos and click "Next".

Fourth, Select a folder to store the recovered photos. Click "Next" and the photos would be rescued successfully.

I feel that finding old photos is to find some valuable memories. That's significant thing. I wish you good luck.
Score
Related resources
September 7, 2010 8:30:09 AM

Reformat won't make the picture files in your computer deleted permanently. Those lost file data are still intact on the disk just inaccessible. Only the FAT or NFTS table erased the information about where those data were saved but the real data are still intact there in sectors of the disk.So as long as those data are not overwritten by new data, it's highly possible to get back formatted data. And the MOST Effective way is to rely on some format recovery software or some picture recover programs to recover photos as your lost files are mostly pictures. But before your lost data are recovered, do not save more data to the hard drive. Best regards

Score
November 11, 2011 11:43:36 AM

I can suggest Piriform, that is free.
Whatever you will use, try to recover the files as soon as you can if the data is over a live and running system disk: the data is (probably) still physically on the disk, but it is logically marked as free space, so the more the system runs the more probable the data will be overwritten, i.e. by system cache, temp files or new data.
Score
December 4, 2012 7:12:36 AM

I would recommend you to use a free recovery program.
Since I have used it to restore my files from formatted drive, I think it will help you, too. Why not to have a try?
Note:
1. Stop using this drive right now to avoid overwriting the original data. Any new data on it may decrease the chances of successful data recovery.
2. Save your recovered files on a different storage device in case of recovery failure.
3. Always back up you data in the future.
Score
December 17, 2012 11:34:29 PM

helperme587lunny said:
I would recommend you to use a free recovery program.
Since I have used it to restore my files from formatted drive, I think it will help you, too. Why not to have a try?
Note:
1. Stop using this drive right now to avoid overwriting the original data. Any new data on it may decrease the chances of successful data recovery.
2. Save your recovered files on a different storage device in case of recovery failure.
3. Always back up you data in the future.

Hello, thank you for the freeware that you mentioned in your reply. I did download it on to my PC running Win7. It helped me restored photos from a mistakenly formatted external hard drive. The external drive is a 500GB seagate one and I have many backups on the drive. However one day it just got not formatted error and I clicked yes - format it. Then I lost my backups. I have so many important photos on the drive. Thank you soooooo much that I got all photos back, together with other backups.

Just drop by to give some feedback.
Score
!