Which card goes better with this system?

I am looking to build a new system, and I have yet to decide on the video card. I use 2x Samsung 226BW's at 1650x1080. I am not extremely concerned with having ultra high settings on every game, I don't mind medium of the road settings. I care more about having many applications running at once. The other components I am getting are the Q6600, 4 gig's (2x2), I was thinking the Silencer 610 power, and I suppose my motherboard choice would be dependant on the card I'm getting.

The more I read about the 9000 series, the more it seems likely I should be looking to get either an 8800 GTS (G92) or a 3870X2. I usually build a new computer every 1.5 years or so, and don't usually upgrade between. The games I like to play are: CoD4, WoW, TF2, and when Starcraft 2 comes out, SC2. I just really like to be doing multiple things at once, and using the second monitor for watching movies / tv shows. I was curious if under these conditions the 3870X2 was worth the ~$150 increase.
3 answers Last reply
More about which card system
  1. 8800gts would have been just fine
  2. mmm...

Using dual screen, the 3870x2 should theoretically deliver MUCH MUCH higher performance than using a 8800GTS, because while crossfire doesnt give perfect scaling, using 2 screens ione core for each there is no scaling involved.
  3. I agree with Hatman that the 3870 X2 would be best for multi monitor set ups, but if you are only gaming on 1 monitor then the 8800gts g92 will probably outperform as a gaming card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics