IM LOCKED OUT of my dell laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimkimkime

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Hello,
I have two computers that i'm locked out of for two different reasons. One of them I changed the password and can't remember it so I cant get past the log on to windows screen, the other one has had the services changed in computer management and I dont have access to change properties anymore. The password was set to expire in however many days but i was unable to changes password because permission was denied and i couldnt change the properties. So, that one has a password that I have no idea what it irs, if my other one is expired.

Solution

The Forum's Rules forbid asking these questions because answers posted here might help people who've stolen computers or have unauthorised access to them. Windows provides a password...

The Forum's Rules forbid asking these questions because answers posted here might help people who've stolen computers or have unauthorised access to them. Windows provides a password recovery option but only if you set that up when you firstinstalled XP. Can you get in to Safe Mode bvy tapping Function 8 at startup and logging in as Administrator?

Solution

kimkimkime

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010

Yes, to no avail.. I got into both of them by accident and took them straight to a local repair place.

Status
Not open for further replies.