RDP server on Windows Home Edition

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi,

Does any one know how to run RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) on Windows XP
Home edition ?

Thanks for your help
Melo
1 answer Last reply
More about server windows home edition
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    In article <exifsynkFHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, melo
    <melo@gmail.com> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Does any one know how to run RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) on Windows XP
    >Home edition ?
    >
    >Thanks for your help
    >Melo

    XP Home Edition can't act as an RDP server, accepting connections from
    other computers. That requires XP Professional.

    It can act as an RDP client, connecting to a computer that's acting as
    an RDP server: Start | All Programs | Accessories | Communications |
    Remote Desktop Connections.

    To get XP Home to act as a server and accept connections, use one of
    the variants of VNC:

    http://www.realvnc.com
    http://www.ultravnc.com
    http://www.tightvnc.com
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Remote Desktop Servers Microsoft Windows XP