RDP server on Windows Home Edition

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi,

Does any one know how to run RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) on Windows XP
Home edition ?

Thanks for your help
Melo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

In article <exifsynkFHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, melo
<melo@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Does any one know how to run RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) on Windows XP
>Home edition ?
>
>Thanks for your help
>Melo

XP Home Edition can't act as an RDP server, accepting connections from
other computers. That requires XP Professional.

It can act as an RDP client, connecting to a computer that's acting as
an RDP server: Start | All Programs | Accessories | Communications |
Remote Desktop Connections.

To get XP Home to act as a server and accept connections, use one of
the variants of VNC:

http://www.realvnc.com
http://www.ultravnc.com
http://www.tightvnc.com