problem with BFG 8800GT driver install :(

colmustard

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
Hello all! I have come here as a last resort... I cannot find answers or assistance anywhere :??: I bought a BFG 8800GT card yesterday to replace an eVGA 7600GT, and I came home, and followed the instructions carefully. I uninstalled my current drivers, shut down the PC, put the new card in, screwed it down, and plugged my 6-pin PCI-e plug into the card. I then powered up my system, and inserted the drivers CD that came with the card. everything seems to progress how its supposed to, except about 50% through the actual install of the drivers, the progress bar stops, and the installation pauses for a minute... then it jumps to 100% and says that my system has not been modified, to install this software at a later time run the installer again. I have tried everything... driver cleaner, BIOS update, latest geforce drivers, latest nforce chipset drivers, etc. etc... I've called BFG tech support trice and even went through exchanging the card for a new one, exact same problem. wierd part is, if I put my old card back in, it has no problem installing the drivers for that one, and it works just fine... whats going on here? any help would be greatly appreciated :cry:

System:
Vista 32bit rev 6000
Asus P5N32-e SLI Plus with 0901 BIOS, 15.08 nForce drivers
C2D E6300 @ 2.25 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

bobmitch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2002
I assume that you are OK in standard VGA mode...for the installation of the drivers. Did the Tech at BFG offer a bios update for the video card? A lot of people are having issues with PCI3 1.0 and 1.0a. PCIe 1.1 seems OK...but you may need to flash the card.

I have an EVGA card and they have already posted a bios update on their website to make the card more backward compatible. Go back to BFG and see if they have a more updated bios for the card. Should be able to flash in Windows...and then try reinstalling again.

Bob

colmustard

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
I have an Antec 650W TruePower Trio. Also, I'm on hold for tech support again... checking to see if theres any update or anything for the card... My only other option I have is to reformat my harddrive and install a fresh Vista :( Let me know if I can do anything else that may help... I really don't wanna re format. Thanks again :bounce: