Which is the best full tower case for watercooling?

• Cooler Master Stacker T01

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Cooler Master Stacker 830

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Thermaltake Armor

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

ComputerCustomizer

Distinguished
May 23, 2007
What is the best full tower case for watercooling? I plan on a 3X120mm radiator. I would prefer to have the radiator inside the case, but it doesn't matter too much if it is external. I am not at all against modding the case so that the radiator fits. My budget is around $165 for the case. Please specify why you think one case would be better than the others. Looks matter, but functionality is more important than looks (within reason).
Thanks

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
well if those are too expensive, did you look at the antec 900? Its an interesting case to say the least with lots o f cooling stock, I would assume you are better off leaving the radiator external for this one. I would leave it eternal just so I could get better temps b/c in my old w/c setup it was colder outside the case than it was inside of it.

ComputerCustomizer

Distinguished
May 23, 2007

EDIT: I think I will go with the stacker TO1 instead of the stacker 830. Doesn't look as cool, but ZOldDude said it has tons of space.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
The CM TO-1 is still the best case for air cooling (cools better than the 830 or -any- other case) and the most useful. Just unscrew the exit fans grill and place the HD unit w/fan inline for dirrect airflow patern.
You can also get the optional Crossflow fan (gets outside air from side of the case and dirrects it across the MB from top-to-bottem towards the exit fan).

For WC it has LOTS of room!

It also has two positions to mount PSU so you can run two together with a interconnect wire like the one that PC Power & Cooling ships with the Turbo line...or you can buy one for $6.
You -could- mount 10 fans (no need for it) and it has EZ install slots for up to 11 drives/rom/controlers.

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007

The stacker 830 is NOT meant for water cooling. It gets quite cramped in there. I've seen many water cooled Stacker 830's, and each time the owners state they are a nightmare when it comes to space, for internal water cooling that is. If you want a mac daddy of air cooling, they are great, but for WC, look elsewhere.

ComputerCustomizer

Distinguished
May 23, 2007

Thanks. I think I will go for the stacker t01 because it has so much room.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007

You're not using the fan brackets! Oh well...

Anyways, I like the Stacker 830 because you can change parts quickly without using any tools. The side fans also helps the system keep cool.

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007

Indeed, I'm still leaning on picking one up for my next rig. I'm a fan of cooling as you can see ^_^, I'd probably fill all the fans up with low DBA fans, either Scythe S-flexes or Slipstreams. The rig I'm typing this on right now is a Q6600 rig I just built for a family friend, oc'ed the sucker to 3ghz, 5 slipstream fans in it, they are rated around 24 DBA. I even replaced the Tuniq Tower's fan with a slipstream, nice quiet rig in a antec 900 case that keeps everything DAMN cool.

I might end up going for a antec 900 now after I've seen it perform, at first I thought it wasn't pretty in the pics, but I've fallen in love with the design. If you are in the market for a great case at a great price, the Antec 900 should definitely be on your list, great stock cooling (although I replaced it) that can cater to low noise or high CFM with their 3 set modes. The massive exhaust fan ontop can also be set to 3 modes as well. Damn great case for the price. No real need to buy fans if you don't mind the noise on the highest setting, unless noise is an issue, then you can run them on the stock settings or replace them for better low noise fans..Over all great value considering what you get.

But yea, the Stacker 830 looks damn sexy...Trying to contemplate if I want a full tower, I kinda turned away from mid towers after my Lian-li PC65 (two 90 mm exhaust fans, very cramped with my hardware)....But coupling this Antec 900 with a modular psu, it's making me change my mind about mid towers ^_^.

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007

;) That's the way to go. How do you have yours setup? I'd end up filling the 2 hard drive mounts as exhaust fans, fan brackets as 4 intakes, and the top and rear fans as exhaust ^_^.

God, I need a new pc bad, but I'm broke -_-...and this 3.2 prescott of mind just does not do.

ComputerCustomizer

Distinguished
May 23, 2007

WOW. That's a serious mess. I definitely don't want a stacker 830.
Thanks for the picture.

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007

Anytime ^_^, I'm a people pleaser after all =P.

LeonRa

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Look at Cooler Master RC 1000 Cosmos. Looks pretty hot, plenty of space and really user friendly. I think you can find it for a few bucks more then you mentioned, but i'm not sure.

ComputerCustomizer

Distinguished
May 23, 2007

Thanks

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
It might look nice, but the prior cosmos had heating issues, not enough circulation, they did release a new cosmos intending for cooling, but they still disregarded the cooling aspect when it comes to the hard drives. Not a worth buy IMO. I was looking at the cosmos before and trying to weigh the benefits and the negatives, and even though there are more fans in the revision, they still left some of the flaws from the first go by unnoticed.

Lavacon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Look at the New thermaltake armor plus case. www.thermaltake.com
You asked for the best, well that is One of the best out now. It will be my next case in a few weeks :) about 230 shipped depending on where you buy it

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
Although I'll admit the Armor is a great case for the price, am I the only one who thinks the Armor+ is ugly and not worth it's hefty 200+ price tag?

Lavacon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Well, the black plastic is a little to shiny for my taste, but the features on this case are well worth the money. The cable management, the room to work in and the air cooling definitely do it for me. The 10 grilled expansion slots in the back are a big plus if you ever plan on running more then 2 video cards.