Re-configure raid1 setup to seperate hard drives

I am attempting to reinstall Windows XP on my computer and it won't seem to work. I have a raid1(mirror configuration) I no longer want a mirrored setup; I want 2 totally seperate drives to show up in My Computer, can anyone tell me the step-by-step process to make this happen?

Thanks much!
2 answers Last reply
More about configure raid1 setup seperate hard drives
  1. Back everything up before doing anything. Start the computer and usually just after the computer post screen there will be a raid post screen. It will tell you what button to press to configure raid. Once in the setup set the controller to JBOD - just a bunch of disks. This will treat each drive connected to the raid controller as a separate drive.
    If you have two controllers on the motherboard you could move the drives over to the non-raid one and boot from there.
  2. sturm said:
    Back everything up before doing anything. Start the computer and usually just after the computer post screen there will be a raid post screen. It will tell you what button to press to configure raid. Once in the setup set the controller to JBOD - just a bunch of disks. This will treat each drive connected to the raid controller as a separate drive.
    If you have two controllers on the motherboard you could move the drives over to the non-raid one and boot from there.

I appreciate the info, however I am not seeing anything come on screen telling me to configure raid, is there something else I could try?
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Computer Configuration Windows XP Storage