Sign in with
Your question

Re-configure raid1 setup to seperate hard drives

Last response: in Storage
February 4, 2009 3:21:04 AM

I am attempting to reinstall Windows XP on my computer and it won't seem to work. I have a raid1(mirror configuration) I no longer want a mirrored setup; I want 2 totally seperate drives to show up in My Computer, can anyone tell me the step-by-step process to make this happen?

Thanks much!
a b G Storage
February 4, 2009 10:56:57 AM

Back everything up before doing anything. Start the computer and usually just after the computer post screen there will be a raid post screen. It will tell you what button to press to configure raid. Once in the setup set the controller to JBOD - just a bunch of disks. This will treat each drive connected to the raid controller as a separate drive.
If you have two controllers on the motherboard you could move the drives over to the non-raid one and boot from there.
February 4, 2009 8:17:59 PM

sturm said:
Back everything up before doing anything. Start the computer and usually just after the computer post screen there will be a raid post screen. It will tell you what button to press to configure raid. Once in the setup set the controller to JBOD - just a bunch of disks. This will treat each drive connected to the raid controller as a separate drive.
If you have two controllers on the motherboard you could move the drives over to the non-raid one and boot from there.

I appreciate the info, however I am not seeing anything come on screen telling me to configure raid, is there something else I could try?
!