bootmgr not found

nkarasch

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
Im trying to install Windows Vista x64 and it says bootmgr not found. From what I hear the problem is because I have a Sata hard drive and a IDE optical drive. I found this link to microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928902/en-us and I thought it would help. I installed 32 bit windows XP with no problem and when I try to run setup like it says it says it is not a valid Win32 application or something like that. Anybody have any other ideas? I dont have access to a SATA optical drive at all. I have also tried unplugging my IDE drive and I still get the same message.

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Im hoping for your sae it isnt this, but it could be a damaged hdd corrupting data, or bad ram.

Or it could be asimple incompadibility.

G

just put in your vista os disc and repair, it may take a couple tries, but it works. i've had this happen to me a few times while setting up dual os.

Re-install Vista .

The problem cant be because you have sata hdd and an ide optical .

When you install vista you will have to set the dvd drive to be the first boot device , after vista is installed on the hard drive then you should change the boot order so the hard drive is first .

TRENDING THREADS