return 8800 GT OC 512mb for 8800GTS 512mb???

I am currently running a BFG 8800 GT OC 512mb with a e8400 Wolfdale OC to 3.6. Would it be worth to sell my Gt for 100 bucks less than what I paid, and buy a 8800 GTS 512 for $300?
5 answers Last reply
More about return 8800 512mb 8800gts 512mb
  1. No. Unless you really like wasting money for a marginal increase in performance.

Really, you'd be better off getting a second 8800 GT for SLI if you feel what you have already isn't good enough.
  2. EDIT: Sorry, misread your post. I thought you were within the return policy. Since now the circumstances are different, I don't think its worth selling it for a GTS.
  3. I agree with the first poster. It's just isn't worth it, whether for the performance or the cooling solution.

If you want a good cooler then just remove the stock and buy an aftermarket cooler, instead of buying a whole graphics card.

Get an Accelero S1 with an S-Flex or Yate Loon 120mm fan (which will cost less than $50), instead of getting a new $300 graphics card (not to mention the $100 you'll be losing in selling the GT).

Hell, even without a fan, the S1 will keep temps well below 60C even when the card is overclocked, which is leaps and bounds better than the GTS's cooling solution.
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1261100

In the end, it's your money, though.
  4. thanks for the feedback, I decided to buy another 8800 GT. Is it a waste of money to buy the BFG 8800 GT OC2 instead of OC I mean the only difference is the core clock, which can be raised in riva tuner. There is a $50 difference. Evga has a similar option
  5. Usually, no. However, I'd like to think that the high factory clocked video cards are of better quality, thus you can OC it further than the regular one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics