When write to this newsgroup question

July 27, 2005 8:39:06 AM

Hello,

If I make a mistake with a word when writing this note why does it not tell
me that I made a mistake. In other word why does it not have a spellchecker.
Can someone suggest some kind of solution to this problem, tell where I can
go to suggest this to microsoft, if this newsgroup belongs to them.

Thank You
July 27, 2005 11:48:03 AM

new office 2003 user wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I make a mistake with a word when writing this note why does it
> not tell me that I made a mistake. In other word why does it not have
> a spellchecker. Can someone suggest some kind of solution to this
> problem, tell where I can go to suggest this to microsoft, if this
> newsgroup belongs to them.
>
> Thank You

Open the options menu enable spellcheck can be found their under spelling.

--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

Thank You but I do not see that option menu

"MAP" wrote:

> new office 2003 user wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > If I make a mistake with a word when writing this note why does it
> > not tell me that I made a mistake. In other word why does it not have
> > a spellchecker. Can someone suggest some kind of solution to this
> > problem, tell where I can go to suggest this to microsoft, if this
> > newsgroup belongs to them.
> >
> > Thank You
>
> Open the options menu enable spellcheck can be found their under spelling.
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak

July 27, 2005 11:51:52 AM

You need to install a spell checker on your computer in the program you
are using to post this message, probably Outlook Express. If you have
Microsoft Word installed, it has a spell checker that you can use.
Otherwise, you may download any number of free or inexpensive spell
checkers.

A good place to start for info on your questions, of all types is the
help system on your computer. Press the F1 key, check it out....

"new office 2003 user" <newoffice2003user@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> If I make a mistake with a word when writing this note why does it not
> tell
> me that I made a mistake. In other word why does it not have a
> spellchecker.
> Can someone suggest some kind of solution to this problem, tell where
> I can
> go to suggest this to microsoft, if this newsgroup belongs to them.
>
> Thank You
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:53:40 AM

Tools/Options

"new office 2003 user" <newoffice2003user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:A3AD6536-4A85-47B7-838E-D3FA830773BB@microsoft.com...
> Thank You but I do not see that option menu
>
> "MAP" wrote:
>
>> new office 2003 user wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > If I make a mistake with a word when writing this note why does it
>> > not tell me that I made a mistake. In other word why does it not have
>> > a spellchecker. Can someone suggest some kind of solution to this
>> > problem, tell where I can go to suggest this to microsoft, if this
>> > newsgroup belongs to them.
>> >
>> > Thank You
>>
>> Open the options menu enable spellcheck can be found their under
>> spelling.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Pawlak

July 27, 2005 5:09:47 PM

"new office 2003 user" <newoffice2003user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:50D9DB81-8BD0-4E57-B94D-65E199F8E43F@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> If I make a mistake with a word when writing this note why does it not
tell
> me that I made a mistake. In other word why does it not have a
spellchecker.

Because you are using the horrible web-interface. If you used a news reader,
like Outlook Express for example, then you could have a spell check.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:09:48 PM

The question is not to try and tell what i have withou you knowing what i
have but to suggest a answer. I do have outlook express, and Ms Word but how
do I intergrated to work with this newsgroup
"Gordon" wrote:

> "new office 2003 user" <newoffice2003user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:50D9DB81-8BD0-4E57-B94D-65E199F8E43F@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > If I make a mistake with a word when writing this note why does it not
> tell
> > me that I made a mistake. In other word why does it not have a
> spellchecker.
>
> Because you are using the horrible web-interface. If you used a news reader,
> like Outlook Express for example, then you could have a spell check.

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:09:49 PM

In OE drop down the Tools Menu, click on Options (bottom), and then the
Spelling Tab.

"new office 2003 user" <newoffice2003user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:A747652C-95E8-46F2-9C60-78E3C8C5F756@microsoft.com...

new office 2003 user wrote:
> The question is not to try and tell what i have withou you knowing what i
> have but to suggest a answer. I do have outlook express, and Ms Word but how
> do I intergrated to work with this newsgroup
> "Gordon" wrote:

Click the following link to open this group in your default newsreader,
most likely Outlook Express:

Then within OE you can set your spelling options. The web interface
that you are currently using has no option to check spelling
automatically. You could do it manually by writing your message in
Microsoft Word, letting word check the spelling, and then copy and paste
the message from Word into the web interface.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

July 27, 2005 6:58:37 PM

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
> Tools/Options

The OP is using the web interface - there IS no "tools-option".........:-)
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:58:38 PM

Hi
you are right what you are saying that there is no tools menu to choose
from. right now i am writing to you and there is no menu bar for me to choose
the tools bar menu. when you reply to a posting it sends me to there reply
screen which does not have a menu bar. It only has Subject, Message, Notify
me of replies, Post button, and a close button. So what are they talking
about go to toos when there is none in the reply section.

Thank You

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Tools/Options
> >

> The OP is using the web interface - there IS no "tools-option".........:-)

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:58:39 PM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:41:01 -0700, new office 2003 user wrote:

> Hi
> you are right what you are saying that there is no tools menu to choose
> from. right now i am writing to you and there is no menu bar for me to choose
> the tools bar menu. when you reply to a posting it sends me to there reply
> screen which does not have a menu bar. It only has Subject, Message, Notify
> me of replies, Post button, and a close button. So what are they talking
> about go to toos when there is none in the reply section.

They're talking about using a newsreader instead of the web interface to
use these tools. Outlook Express, for example, is provided with XP. It has
the Tools menu that they're referring to. When Outlook is installed it
"borrows" Outlook Express and labels it "Outlook Newsreader." More details
in Outlook's Help file.

When you click on "Open with newsreader" on the following page, it opens
your default newsreader with almost everything setup for you. To retain the
added settings for the next time you come to the newsgroups, subscribe to
at least one group.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"new office 2003 user" <newoffice2003user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:E1753EFB-DCA3-4738-AB8D-063F94790987@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> So what are they talking about go to toos when there is none in the
reply section.

Colin hadn't looked at your message headers.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 12:16:27 AM

new office 2003 user wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I make a mistake with a word when writing this note why does it not tell
> me that I made a mistake. In other word why does it not have a spellchecker.
> Can someone suggest some kind of solution to this problem, tell where I can
> go to suggest this to microsoft, if this newsgroup belongs to them.
>
> Thank You

WinXP is an operating system. As such, it has no need for a spell
checker. Various word processing and email applications have spell
checkers, but I've never heard of an OS having one.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 3:06:08 AM

As Gordon says, you are using a horrible web interface instead of a
proper news reader.
Try here for a new experience:

Outlook Express Newsreader-Setting up
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewread...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/newsgrou...
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/resources/communities.ht...

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 04:39:06 -0700, "new office 2003 user"
<newoffice2003user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>If I make a mistake with a word when writing this note why does it not tell
>me that I made a mistake. In other word why does it not have a spellchecker.
>Can someone suggest some kind of solution to this problem, tell where I can
>go to suggest this to microsoft, if this newsgroup belongs to them.
>
>Thank You
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 3:56:35 AM

As it should be!

There are hundreds of thousands computers running 24/7, 365 days a year -
controlling manufacturing machinery. Adding code for a spell checker would
be a waste of resources.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban