Got some big prob. NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS

skizzofreni

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
Hi all... I will try to explain my annoying prob as good as possible... Im not that good at writing english so here i go.

When i play games or watching a movie, even when i start upp my computer. I Got some colorfull pixels spread out on the screen.
(mostly in the colors red, blue and green)

When i contacted "DELL" about this they sended me mail telling me that my garanty has expired and i have to buy a new card. So i will do. But this is not my first 7900GS card. The precious one got crazy to. In a similair way. So whata hell is this?! Have some1 else had or has this problem?!

Here some info about my sys:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS (248 MB)

If u need more info i send u a DXDIAG note.

And yes... i have upgrade all the drivers. tryied to uninstall the card and much much more... but the problem is still there... I´m getting tired of this ****. Ty for the help guys!

IndigoMoss

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Alright this is what I'd do. I would test this card in another machine to make sure the results you are getting can be replicated. If the card still does the same thing in the other machine, then you are definitely looking at a bad card.

These cards can get pretty hot, I should know since I've owned one for the last 2.5 years. I had a ton of problems with the default fan on mine, it would not stay over 23% no matter what. I tried everything, but as soon as I tried to game, it'd go back to 23%.

ooral

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
Just had a similar problem, the PSU wasn't strong enough. I bought a supplementary PSU and it now works a treat! I'd suggest a new PSU for you as the Dell ones aren't great. If you fancy the supplementary thing I bought.......

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1763.html

This was a good option for me as the cables on my old system were hidden and taped down etc.

Could be a heat/fan issue as well, I never had any issues with that myself......

ooral

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
That's why I said he'd be better replacing......... That was a solution that worked for me. I'd guess pricing is a lot different in the USA, as the supplementary is about 50-60% of the price of any Antec in the UK.

IndigoMoss

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Yeah, I have no idea what you guys pay for electronics, but for the price of that supplementary PSU, he could easily buy a 380w Earthwatts for the same price, maybe a little less depending on the deals going on. I actually do have that same power supply you listed. My friend gave it to me after he replaced his 7900GTX SLI with a 8800GT.