jalpaugh1978

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
I have a Biostar T-force570SLI mobo. I has Dual 1000mb lan ports. Can I run these together for a boost in connection and if so what do I need in order to do this???

It won't boost your connection. depending on what your network speed is, the port will only run as fast as that; over the internet, it'll run at your modem's speed. even if you have a gigabit network, the software you'll use on the machine probably isn't sophisticated enough to make use of dual network ports...gigabit is pretty darn fast, though.

sorry to crush your dreams..

lobofanina

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
If you have two internet connections cable/dsl, dsl/dsl you could plug one Ethernet cable into each port from the separate modems and combine the speeds for things like bitTorrent.

rockbyter

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
i have a dual gigabit card system acting as a bandwidth throttle. all bandwidth from the rest of the house has to pass through this box, and the office connects directly to the router. I get full bandwidth potential, everybody else gets to share maximum of half. Just one way of doing it.

As a file server maybe, as i believe nvidia has some teaming features on there higher end boards (or was it chipsets), but even then the hdd's and cpu would cap you.

TRENDING THREADS