x32579

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2006
Does anyone have any experience, pro or con, with the Rosewill RCX-Z5-Ultra CPU Cooler?
It’s pretty pricey for an air cooler so I would like any advice I can get before I commit.

x32579

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
I don't, but I have a suggestion.

The Zerotherm Nirvana is the best cooler you can get for ~$40. It is one of the best coolers out there, even beating the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme in certain cases. You can say it is one of the best aircooling out there.

vtr99

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
I think there are clearly better options in this price range. I would go with the Tuniq Tower, or something that has better feedback.

If you're looking for a moderate overclock with very low noise and very little cost and trivial installation, check out the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. If you're more interested in the highest overclocks possible then get the Nirvana or Tuniq. Between the Nirvana and Tuniq Tower I personally prefer the Nirvana because all the differences, though very small, are in its favor (2 degrees lower, 2 dB less, $11 less last time I compared reviews and prices).

x32579

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2006
Thanks for the quick response. I definitely considered the Nirvana because of the good reviews but it was also mentioned that it is very heavy. Maybe I am just borrowing trouble but it seems that on a vertically mounted MB as all towers are, that the weight of a heavy device hanging out there vibrating could cause a crack in the MB circuit.

On the other hand I know that many people must have used the cooler in just that configuration without problems or I would have heard about it, so I think I will take the advice and go with the Nirvana.

x32579

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
I can personally vouch for the Nirvana. It keeps my 5000+ BE at anywhere between 32c, and 43c under load.
Yes it is heavy, but I've had heavier Cough**(Thermaltake)**Cough. The HS is all Aluminum Fins, and is $50 on the egg now.