I have my defrag fixed for the Volume Shadow Copy, but now my disk cleanup won't work. It starts then it stops. Any Solution? I really don't want to do a PC reinstall that Dell advised before I got my answer from this forum on fixing the volume shadow copy problem.
The "Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80070422." error message indicates that the Volume Shadow Copy Service or other System Services, like RPCSS, COM+ Event System, etc have been disabled.
Check that the following services are enabled:
- "Remote Procedure Call" (RPCSS) should be enabled, Automatic
- "COM+ Event System" (EventSystem) should be enabled, Manual
- "System Event Notification Service" (SENS) should be enabled, Automatic
- "Volume Shadow Copy" (VSS) should be enabled, Manual
- "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" (SWPRV) should be enabled, manual.
If you have any of these services disabled or not in the state mentioned above, then you will get the 0x8007042c VSS error.