My Disk Cleanup won't work now.

I have my defrag fixed for the Volume Shadow Copy, but now my disk cleanup won't work. It starts then it stops. Any Solution? I really don't want to do a PC reinstall that Dell advised before I got my answer from this forum on fixing the volume shadow copy problem.

Thanks,
Karen
6 answers Last reply
More about disk cleanup work
  1. Hello,
    Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80070422.
    All i get when i try to run disk is 3 bars. it is frozen

this is what i get using your istructions to fix disk cleanup
  2. Hello,
    Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80070422.
    All i get when i try to run disk is 3 bars. it is frozen

this is what i get using your istructions to fix disk cleanup

I haven't heard back from you as yet. You told me to post on 7/10.

Thanks Karen
  3. What are you doing when these errors occur?
  4. Waiting to find out what to do from the forum
  5. Ok, let me rephrase... What are you doing that causes these errors to occur? Are you in a certain program, is it when you open a program, start up windows, etc?
  6. The "Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80070422." error message indicates that the Volume Shadow Copy Service or other System Services, like RPCSS, COM+ Event System, etc have been disabled.

Check that the following services are enabled:
    - "Remote Procedure Call" (RPCSS) should be enabled, Automatic
    - "COM+ Event System" (EventSystem) should be enabled, Manual
    - "System Event Notification Service" (SENS) should be enabled, Automatic
    - "Volume Shadow Copy" (VSS) should be enabled, Manual
    - "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" (SWPRV) should be enabled, manual.

If you have any of these services disabled or not in the state mentioned above, then you will get the 0x8007042c VSS error.
Ask a new question

Read More

Defragment Disk Cleanup Windows XP