Machine_check_exception 0x 0000009C (0X00000000, 0X8054E0F0, 0XB2000000, 0x10400

pastorpaulprentice

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
My computer keeps crashing and the above code keeps coming up. The code is

machine_check_exception 0x 0000009C (0X00000000, 0X8054E0F0, 0XB2000000, 0x1040080F)

Can anyone help me fix my sick computer.

Thanks

Paul

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Make sure all power connectors are properly plugged in and seated.

Try to do a Windows repair using your Windows CD. It will run chkdsk (or scandisk). If drive fails, Stop. Go buy a new hard drive and re-install Windows. If repair succeeds, of course re-start Windows, live long and prosper. However, if repair fails to solve the problem...

Try to start Windows in safe mode. If it will start, re-install every driver for every piece of hardware you have, one at a time, re-starting Windows after each driver has been updated. Sometimes this error is just a corrupt driver. Dealing with a software issue is easier than a hardware issue, although this process can take hours due to the need to re-start, test, go back to safe mode, do another diver... sheesh, hours and hours.
If new drivers did not fix computer, or it can't be started in safe mode...

If you are a serious, over-clocking gamer, try a different video card first, then use process of elimination. Remove any card(s) that can be removed without preventing Windows from starting (don't pull a RAID controller card that has your system drive on it). Try re-starting Windows. If it starts, shut down and re-install one card at a time until it crashes, and there is your bad card.
If Windows still won't start after removing everything you can, try different memory, try different video card, and eventually, a different Hard drive which means you're going to install Windows again, but if new hard drive works, connect original drive as additional storage and back it up. Restore that backup to your new drive and see if all runs well. If it does, your hard drive was the culprit, and it may not be capable of being backed up :(

You have a rotten task to do, track down a hardware problem.

I hope someone else sees I've missed a simple solution here, otherwise, you'll be doing a lot of checking.

Good Luck.