Sign in with
Your question

I want to build a Gaming PC

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
January 9, 2013 12:24:49 AM

Hello, I am interested in building a Gaming PC with a high graphics card processing unit and RAM. Of course Hard Drives and other internals are needed but I have no idea where to get the "good deal" on said objects. should I plan on buying a PC all together? is building one the way to go? What would you recommend?

More about : build gaming

January 20, 2013 1:43:32 AM

Kysmert said:
Hello, I am interested in building a Gaming PC with a high graphics card processing unit and RAM. Of course Hard Drives and other internals are needed but I have no idea where to get the "good deal" on said objects.

newegg.com and tigerdirect.com are both good places to start. Though if this is your first build Newegg offers more in the way of Do-It-Yourself kits than TigerDirect.

Kysmert said:
should I plan on buying a PC all together? is building one the way to go? What would you recommend?

Building one will certainly cost you less part-for-part, also allowing you to have the highest level of customization: you can decide more freely which components (if any) you can skimp on, and which components you can't. As I briefly mentioned earlier, many popular computer webstores offer DIY or "barebone" kits, allowing a compromise between customization and convenience. Despite the countless computer enthusiasts criticizing buying a pre-made computer, it is still a viable option. However, the downside of this is that you will end up paying more (especially for a high-end gaming device like the one you are planning).

A final note of warning: as this is a computer forum, you will like as not receive numerous replies to your post, each of them with their own separate (and most often conflicting) view on which component is "the best". I'm not saying that you should ignore these--quite the contrary. Rather, don't be overly influenced by the opinions expressed here. In the end, it is down to you to decide which course of action to take. After all, it's your computer.
!