Sign in with
Your question

Disk Boot Failure.

Last response: in Windows XP
June 26, 2010 7:03:21 AM

I'm not too computer savvy so here goes.

I had a hard drive go bad so I had to replace it with a new one. I installed the new drive like the original was placed in. I used my windows xp home cd to install windows on the new drive but when it went to restart I keep getting the same "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER." now.

I need help please.

The new hard drive is a WD caviar blue sata.

More about : disk boot failure

a b \ Driver
June 26, 2010 7:19:52 AM

greenwrathking said:
I'm not too computer savvy so here goes.

I had a hard drive go bad so I had to replace it with a new one. I installed the new drive like the original was placed in. I used my windows xp home cd to install windows on the new drive but when it went to restart I keep getting the same "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER." now.

I need help please.

The new hard drive is a WD caviar blue sata.

[#0005ff]Check the details that came with the new disk as to jumpering - WD's have special settings for Master alone, Master with Slave present etc. Did you get any warning during installation about the need for special drivers? If the jumpers are set properly and you still have a problem, reinstall but press Function 6 when prompted during the initial stages but later when asked for th efloppy disk of drivers, just pres Enter. [/#000ff]
!