Here's something weird

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I just turned on my computer and it seems the fans were turning at a high rate of speed, all lights are on (including the DVD-RW rom. The DVD-ROM was blinking fast. Yet my system wasnt loading. I shut off the power switch on the back of the tower and waited a minute then turned it back on and then turned my system on and it loaded like normal and it acted like nothing happened? I just was on it last night with no problems. LoL this is why I plan to go Penryn in a few months.

Anyone ever get this wierdness?

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Yeah, I've had that happen, systems usually ran fine and everything after. Sometimes weird stuff happens. Like for example, I work as a tech, and sometimes on laptops, they decide to not power up, you find that sometimes, you remove the battery, and push the power button a couple of times, then reinstall the battery, it starts right up. Kinda weird, but they are machines. I wouldn't sweat it unless it starts getting regular or something.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Agree, if it's not an ongoing problem, chalk it up to the computer gods having fun with you. Found offering frequent beer sacrifices helps :)