cpu temp problem?

acoz

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Hi all, i just finished building and now im wondering did i do something wrong? I have a q9450, x48-ds4. I havnt overclock anything. It so happens when i checked my cpu temp w/ coretemp it shows that my cpu temp is

Tj. Max: 105c
Core #0: 41c
Core #1: 42c
Core #2: 31c
Core #3: 48c

?? now, is this normal? somehow core #2 is lower by 10c then other cores.

btw, im using coz vendetta 2 heatsink.

acoz

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
ok now this is pretty massed up.. i just tired running Real Temp 2.70 and im getting

Core Temperature
32 32 21 38

Distance to TJ MAX
63 63 73 57

acoz

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
screenshots..

cputempnh5.jpg

cputemp2pj2.jpg

cputemp1fo4.jpg

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Real Temp is correct, which uses Tjunction Max 95c. Core Temp reads 10c too high because it uses Tjunction Max 105c, which is incorrect. Read the Real Temp documentation - http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/docs.php - to understand the sensor linearity problems that Real Temp addresses, and why it's more accurate than other popular temperature monitoring utilities.

If you'd like to know more about temperatures, and how to calibrate CPU temperature and Core temperatures using SpeedFan, then click on the link in my signature to the Core 2 Quad and Duo Temperature Guide.

acoz

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
CompuTronix thanks for clearing that up. But Im still confuse about the core temperatures. All 4 cores aint even close to the same temperature as one another(expect #0 & #1). Is this due to the poor installation of heatsink?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Once again, you must read the Real Temp Documentation. It has nothing to do with heat sinc installation. 45 nanometer processors are known to have issues with DTS sensors which "stick" at idle, and won't decrease to actual temperatures. Use the "Test Sensors" feature, then perform the Idle calibrations.