System Fails to Power Up

DBS

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Hello, I have just built a new system using a Foxconn P9657AA-8KS2H Mobo and with a Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor,PC 5300 667 Mhz memory, 2 Gig of Memory. Also using a Antec Truepower Trio 550 Power Supply,GeForce 8500 GT 512 Video Card.

My problem is that when I turn the system on well nothing, The Power LED Light is on showing power but when I hit the power switch the system powers the power supply and Processor fan and Video Card fan comes on for a second or two and then shuts off. Then I have to unplug the power supply and then it resets and will do it again. I have tryed a different ram, removed the video card and tryed again but the same thing. I have read that the new power supplies have to have a no switch to operate. I have actullay cut the switch wire to rule out switch by connecting the wores together and the same thing happens. I double checked the Processor to make sure I didnt damage it but it is okay. I am at a loss of what direction I should go.. Any help would be great

DBS

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Okay I tryed a dell power supply that I had that is a much smaller it is a 250 watt, but I have no video thru two different video cards. I tested the power supply in another machine and its fine just wont boot this motherboard..real weird help help help help

cornholio_oh

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
The only thing that I can think of is to remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes and reset the jumper. This seemed to work on the EVGA motherboard. I can't remember, does the 8500 GT have a power connection? If so, did you remember to plug it in? Does your power supply have more than 1 video card power plug? If it does, then maybe try a different connector.

Who knows? It could be the PCI-e slot, the power supply or even the video card itself.

DBS

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
I removed the CMOS battery and no change, the 8500 GT does not have a seperate power cord. The change of power supply powered all of the fans and drives but no video still. I have tryed different to different video cards one in a pci slot and one in a pci express ans still no video.

TRENDING THREADS