DXsocko007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
My friend is lanning at my house and he has 2 7900GS's and hes going to SLI them. Do we need special drivers or uninstall and reinstall drivers? Or just plug in all the junk and play. Yes i know i need the SLI connector. I just dont want to mess anything up

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
All you need to do is un-install your current VGA drivers,shut the system down,remove the current card(if not one of the 7900s).Then install bothe 7900,make sure all the necessary power connections are connected,connect the SLI bridge connecting the cards together.Connect your monitor cable and turn the machine on.Windows will try to install drivers,but just click cancel on bothe windows.(when two cards are installed,windows will see them seperately).At this point,you disconnect your internet connect,and shut off your anti-virus program.Now I'm assuming you've gone to NVIDIAs website and downloaded the latest drivers.You install the drivers,reboot the computer,and voila,you now have SLI.Not all games will take advantage of SLI.You may even have issues with some of the older games.But although I don't currently run SLI,I have done so in the past and was very happy over all with the performance increase I got.Goodluck.

Dahak

M2N32-SLI DELUXE WE
X2 5600+ STOCK (2.8GHZ)
2X1GIG DDR2 800 IN DC MODE
TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
EVGA 8800GT SUPERCLOCKED
SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
ACER 22IN WS LCD 1680X1050
250GIG HD/320GIG HD
G5 GAMING MOUSE
LOGITECH Z-5500 5.1 SURROUND SYSTEM
500WATS CONTINUOUS,1000 PEAK
WIN XP MCE SP2
3DMARK05 15,686
3DMARK06 10,588

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
did you even notice the STICKY of the multi gpu FAQ?

did it not occur to read it and see if that answers your question. read that and if you have a problem after that then post.
Dude,what is the point of the forum if not for people to ask questions???If all you can come up with is a smart ass comment like that,I suggest you leave the rest of us to try and help those who ask for it.For all we know this person has only recently gotten into computers,and doesn't know how or where to look for the so called STICKY.Hence the reason he asks us for advice.Seriously my friend,the whole purpose of the forums is to allow others,like ourselves,to answer the questions of the people who don't know enough yet to figure it out for themselves.Without having to pay 60 or more dollars an hour for a simple fix.Later dude.Have a great weekend.

Dahak

TRENDING THREADS