Restore Recycle Bin

Trying to help client restore there XP recycle bin. Is there any way I can
restore documents after the recycle bin has been emptied?
Please help, desperate.
Thanks in advance John

Byte

Here's a FREE one, download it to a floppy and run it from there. DO NOT
download to harddrive for it may overwrite the deleted files.
Free Download - Restoration 2.5.14
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the
rest of your life.

"JOHN MCCARTHY" wrote:

> Trying to help client restore there XP recycle bin. Is there any way I can
> restore documents after the recycle bin has been emptied?
> Please help, desperate.
> Thanks in advance John

John

Your client would have to use a file recovery program.. examples are 'Easy
Recovery Pro' which costs or something like this one..
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"JOHN MCCARTHY" <JOHNMCCARTHY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to help client restore there XP recycle bin. Is there any way I
> can
> restore documents after the recycle bin has been emptied?
> Please help, desperate.
> Thanks in advance John

This may be a moot point now, but in the future when you delete something or
empty your Recycle Bin and want to recover something from it... Stop using
the computer now. Your recovery chances are better if the file has not been
overwritten.

This is free.

Restoration Version 2.5.14 Author: Brian Kato
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html

Description
[[Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin or deleted while
holding down the Shift key by mistake. Conversely, this program has another
function that makes it almost impossible to restore all deleted files. You
can use it after deletion of confidential documents, embarrassing files and
so on.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes