Sign in with
Your question

How to do a full restore on windows professional

Last response: in Windows XP
June 26, 2010 4:01:09 PM

Hello,
I purchased a computer from a company that went bankrupt and it is password protected, I would just like to wipe everything from it so we can use it. It has windows professional XP, but no backup disks.
June 27, 2010 5:13:50 AM

Kimmie said:
Hello,
I purchased a computer from a company that went bankrupt and it is password protected, I would just like to wipe everything from it so we can use it. It has windows professional XP, but no backup disks.

[#0005ff]Not possible without buying a new valid copy of XP Pro, I'm afraid. Linux comes in many flavours and quite a lot of them are free to use. You could download a copy of PCLinuxOS 2010 from http://www.pclinuxos.com, burn it to a CD and run that CD as a live system using only RAM and be up and running in five minutes wit no Windows type driver issues.

Install from that and twenty minutes later you have a brand new, constantly evolving and updating Operating System with far fewer worries about hackattacks and viruses.
[/#000ff]
m
l
Anonymous
June 27, 2010 11:48:31 AM

That's not completely correct. If the PC has the COA sticker, the OP just needs to find a Windows XP CD that mtaches the sticker.
m
l
Related resources
!