Sign in with
Your question

Software to monitor PSU voltage

Last response: in Components
February 13, 2008 4:36:28 AM

I'm just wondering if there's a software that can monitor the voltages of a PSU? I can't rely on Speedfan since it doesn't report the right voltages of my PSU. Anyone pls let me know. Thx.
February 15, 2008 6:56:44 AM

It seems that no one knows....:( 
February 15, 2008 7:41:47 AM

Software reads the hardware it is mostly dependent on if your motherboard reports the PSU voltages correctly.
Help the guy out at speed fan and send in your computer info.
Google computer hardware monitoring software, you will see a couple of free as in beer choices.
Sourceforge.net might also have something.
Related resources
February 15, 2008 9:16:07 AM

@liswara

I'm guessing your MB is - Gigabyte GA-965P-S3?

The only utility for that MB is EasyTune5. Does that show voltages off the 12/5/3.3?

I was looking at what it shows (the guide), seems its just to OC the system, but didn't see any voltage values/reading on it.

If EasyTune5 does show voltage readings, are they the same or similar values as Speed Fan?

What I saw was here:

GA-965P-S3 -Support

EasyTune5-User Guide

Not sure what to say.
February 15, 2008 9:30:09 AM

The reviewers way is to use a DVM to monitor voltages, I did that with mine and the mobo's are always off by about 10-30%. Nvidia is looking at creating software to monitor everything from PSU, watts going through your PCI-express cables, water pumps from water cooling systems.
February 16, 2008 6:05:03 AM

bobbknight said:
...Google computer hardware monitoring software, you will see a couple of free as in beer choices. Sourceforge.net might also have something.

Would you point me the links? I can't seem to find one...Thx

Grimmy said:
...I'm guessing your MB is - Gigabyte GA-965P-S3?

The only utility for that MB is EasyTune5. Does that show voltages off the 12/5/3.3?

Not sure what to say.

Yes, my mobo is GA-965P-S3 and comes with EasyTune 5 software. It does shows voltages reading of 3.3 and 5 and CPU VCore A and VBat but it doesn't reports the same voltages as with speed fan. Just wonder which one is correct.

systemlord said:
The reviewers way is to use a DVM to monitor voltages, I did that with mine and the mobo's are always off by about 10-30%. Nvidia is looking at creating software to monitor everything from PSU, watts going through your PCI-express cables, water pumps from water cooling systems.

Glad to hear that news...Thx
!