Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Having weird problem with Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit clean install

Last response: in Windows Vista
Share
December 24, 2011 2:55:18 PM

Hi folks!

I encountered a very weird problem which I never encountered before.
I just bought a new set of PC with the specs:

Intel I3-2100
Gigabyte H61M-S2P-B3
4GB RAM

The first time I put the Windows DVD, everything went as expected until the part where it said "No driver detected" or something like that and it asked me to put the CD with the required files. So I clicked "Browse" and try to find the required file from the CD but eventually it stuck for around 30 minutes so I reset the computer.
Now I can't even get the installation running and it stuck at "Booting from CD/DVD..." and my Windows DVD keep spinning. Everytime I reset the computer, it says "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter". So I pressed enter but nothing happens (the DVD is not even spinning).

I've searched in the internet but I found nothing resembles my current problem, so I give up searching by now :??: 
Did I miss something? Like BIOS setup or such, I tried configuring the BIOS which was changing the priority of reading the boot from HDD to CD but still nothing changed. I did clean install Windows last time on different computer and everything went smoothly, but I never installed the parts on my own. Someone else did it for me so I never done BIOS installation or configuration before.
Thanks in advance for suggestions and hints, Merry Christmas by the way :) 
December 24, 2011 5:26:59 PM

innoxious said:
Hi folks!

I encountered a very weird problem which I never encountered before.
I just bought a new set of PC with the specs:

Intel I3-2100
Gigabyte H61M-S2P-B3
4GB RAM

The first time I put the Windows DVD, everything went as expected until the part where it said "No driver detected" or something like that and it asked me to put the CD with the required files. So I clicked "Browse" and try to find the required file from the CD but eventually it stuck for around 30 minutes so I reset the computer.
Now I can't even get the installation running and it stuck at "Booting from CD/DVD..." and my Windows DVD keep spinning. Everytime I reset the computer, it says "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter". So I pressed enter but nothing happens (the DVD is not even spinning).

I've searched in the internet but I found nothing resembles my current problem, so I give up searching by now :??: 
Did I miss something? Like BIOS setup or such, I tried configuring the BIOS which was changing the priority of reading the boot from HDD to CD but still nothing changed. I did clean install Windows last time on different computer and everything went smoothly, but I never installed the parts on my own. Someone else did it for me so I never done BIOS installation or configuration before.
Thanks in advance for suggestions and hints, Merry Christmas by the way :) 

Make sure your BIOS change shows CD as 1st boot device. Did you exit without saving, last time ?
m
0
l
December 25, 2011 2:52:24 AM

Yep, I've saved every time I changed the BIOS configuration. Is it possible that the DVD is flawed? Or is it a possible hardware flaw, like loose cable at the DVD drive?
m
0
l
Related resources
December 25, 2011 7:11:54 AM

innoxious said:
Yep, I've saved every time I changed the BIOS configuration. Is it possible that the DVD is flawed? Or is it a possible hardware flaw, like loose cable at the DVD drive?


You say, it is a new PC, but someone else installed parts, not you.....
What is that about....Why installing parts, and what are the parts ? !
And why are ypu installing VISTA, on "new PC ? Wasn't an operating system already installed ? There are too many unknowns here, to be of any help, at this juncture ! Can you boot without the DVD inserted ? Is the drive you are using really a DVD Drive ? What is the make/model of the PC ?
m
0
l
December 25, 2011 5:06:11 PM

ksiemb said:
You say, it is a new PC, but someone else installed parts, not you.....
What is that about....Why installing parts, and what are the parts ? !
And why are ypu installing VISTA, on "new PC ? Wasn't an operating system already installed ? There are too many unknowns here, to be of any help, at this juncture ! Can you boot without the DVD inserted ? Is the drive you are using really a DVD Drive ? What is the make/model of the PC ?


Installing the parts as putting everything together. Because I only picked the parts (Motherboard, Processor, Memory, Hard Disk, etc) I want from the shop and they assembled everything for me but they didn't install the OS for me.
I bought the Windows Vista from my friend because he had one unused license.
If I don't put the DVD, then it will show "Disk boot failure, insert system disk".
Yes, it is DVD drive.
What do you mean by "the make/model of the PC"?
m
0
l
December 25, 2011 8:16:10 PM

What driver were you having it search for ?? ( A Raid Driver ? -- If so those are only for setting up Raid arrays of HDDs and you should not need one which is probably why it locked up the install ) -- best option at this point would be to reformat the HDD (either by putting it in another system as a secondary HDD and using that system to format it -- or using a Boot disk to access tools to format the HDD ) and start over from the beginning with a clean slate.
m
0
l
!