Dave Oldridge YOU MUST HELP ME. Componet to TV question.

Dave Oldridge YOU MUST HELP ME. Componet to TV question.

When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
connection option ???

Ive got a Nvidia 6600 GT With a Toshiba Toshiba 86cm 36SW9UA (HD)

When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
connection option ???

Just had a look at the
71.89_ForceWare_Release_70_Graphics_Display_Property_Users_Guide. And
it seems not to have the option. It has Svideo,Composite or DVI. This
is weird as my card came with a DIN to Componet connector. Which would
asume i would use to connect to a TV right ?

So what would i select DVI or is it just not showing componet for some
reason ?

Thanks this has scared me. I can connect via Svideo but NO HD Tv for
me then. And the TV dont have DVI :(

What kidn of quality do you get with your TV out connectionand how
much trouble was it to setup to get a good picture and is HD good on
yours.

Thanks all.

Thanks DAVE.
5 answers Last reply
More about dave oldridge componet question

    Kate Jackson <KateJackson2004@2332.com.au> wrote in

    > Dave Oldridge YOU MUST HELP ME. Componet to TV question.
    >

    > When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
    > connection option ???
    >
    > Ive got a Nvidia 6600 GT With a Toshiba Toshiba 86cm 36SW9UA (HD)
    >

    > When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
    > connection option ???

    Well, my ATI card has a DVI output and I have an adapter that puts out
    component from that. And yes, when I set the TV as a second display
    device, if I have a TV connected to the component outputs of my adapter
    (ATI made the adapter), then the card seems to detect it and I can send
    my video files to that monitor as 1080i or 480p.

    > Just had a look at the
    > 71.89_ForceWare_Release_70_Graphics_Display_Property_Users_Guide. And
    > it seems not to have the option. It has Svideo,Composite or DVI. This
    > is weird as my card came with a DIN to Componet connector. Which would
    > asume i would use to connect to a TV right ?
    >
    > So what would i select DVI or is it just not showing componet for some
    > reason ?

    Mine woke up automatically when I put the adapter on and hooked it up to
    the TV system. I can't tell you about NVidia cards because I don't own
    one that new.

    > Thanks this has scared me. I can connect via Svideo but NO HD Tv for
    > me then. And the TV dont have DVI :(

    See if NVidia offers an adapter from DVI to component (or maybe the ATI
    adapter would work for you).

    > What kidn of quality do you get with your TV out connectionand how
    > much trouble was it to setup to get a good picture and is HD good on
    > yours.

    It's fine, though it's a little trouble to coax the system into using it
    at 1920x1080. Once I do, though, there is no real difference to be seen
    between what the computer plays and what I get from satellite HD
    channels, assuming the computer is playing an HD file, that is.

    --
    Dave Oldridge+
    ICQ 1800667

    God is an evolutionist.

    Dave Oldridge <doldridg@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote (in part):

    >Well, my ATI card has a DVI output and I have an adapter that puts out
    >component from that. And yes, when I set the TV as a second display
    >device, if I have a TV connected to the component outputs of my adapter
    >(ATI made the adapter), then the card seems to detect it and I can send
    >my video files to that monitor as 1080i or 480p.

    The ATI adapter isn't really converting digital to analog. It's just
    using the analog video that is already on the DVI-I connector. DVI
    comes in three flavors: DVI-D is strictly digital, DVI-A is strictly
    analog (does anyone actually use that?) and DVI-I has both.

    I think the analog lines are RGB, which is what a computer monitor
    wants, but I expect some simple circuitry in the adapter converts it
    to component.

    Del Mibbler

    Yeah i did see the Auto option in the Driver manual, ill try that. My
    card came witha Din to componet addaptor, which also has Svideo on it.
    Which i dont want to use becuase that can't do HD :(

    Nvidia dont make a DVI to Componet adpator as far as i know. But ill
    send and email and ask them if they have one or know of any i could
    use with my card.

    I found one that Sanyo makes but not sure if it would work. Not even
    sure if it would be a better picture or not if it did work. If the din
    to componet works ill stick with that.

    The Sanyo one cost 85 dollars or somthing. Said it was aviailable
    might try it just to see if it is any good what could it do blow up my
    TV :)

    Did you say what Tv you have connected is it a HD TV. just wondering
    if you tried any HD trailers ect on the TV yet. Ive downloaded more
    than a few clips from P2P and amd BUSTING to try them out.

    Some Full HD movie son P2P and would like to download and try. Problem
    is they are 4 gigs or so. But they are 720p and 1080i. In a few years
    their will be Thousands of movie son P2P. Either with WMV HD and Divx
    6 HD encoded. Great times.

    Thanks for the help. Tomorrow i get my TV and i can't wait ill wait
    till the WS and my SD Set top box wears off ebfore i ateampt the Tv to
    PC Hook up. Just incase it blows it up. Atleast i would have used it
    alittle :)

    Thanks again.

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:41:16 GMT, Dave Oldridge

    > Yeah i did see the Auto option in the Driver manual, ill try that. My
    > card came witha Din to componet addaptor, which also has Svideo on it.
    > Which i dont want to use becuase that can't do HD :(
    >
    > Nvidia dont make a DVI to Componet adpator as far as i know. But ill
    > send and email and ask them if they have one or know of any i could
    > use with my card.
    >
    > I found one that Sanyo makes but not sure if it would work. Not even
    > sure if it would be a better picture or not if it did work. If the din
    > to componet works ill stick with that.
    >
    > The Sanyo one cost 85 dollars or somthing. Said it was aviailable
    > might try it just to see if it is any good what could it do blow up my
    > TV :)
    >

    > Did you say what Tv you have connected is it a HD TV. just wondering
    > if you tried any HD trailers ect on the TV yet. Ive downloaded more
    > than a few clips from P2P and amd BUSTING to try them out.

    I did run a couple of the free HD clips from DivX. Mostly I use it to
    view slide shows of 3D art that I render myself to 1920x1080 pixels.

    --
    Dave Oldridge+
    ICQ 1800667

    God is an evolutionist.

    Del Mibbler <mibbler@nycap.rr.com> wrote in

    > Dave Oldridge <doldridg@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote (in part):
    >

    >>Well, my ATI card has a DVI output and I have an adapter that puts out
    >>component from that. And yes, when I set the TV as a second display
    >>device, if I have a TV connected to the component outputs of my adapter
    >>(ATI made the adapter), then the card seems to detect it and I can send
    >>my video files to that monitor as 1080i or 480p.
    >
    > The ATI adapter isn't really converting digital to analog. It's just
    > using the analog video that is already on the DVI-I connector. DVI
    > comes in three flavors: DVI-D is strictly digital, DVI-A is strictly
    > analog (does anyone actually use that?) and DVI-I has both.
    >
    > I think the analog lines are RGB, which is what a computer monitor
    > wants, but I expect some simple circuitry in the adapter converts it
    > to component.

    Probably, but the ATI driver lets me set the output to 1080i and that's
    what my TV says it is seeing.

    --
    Dave Oldridge+
    ICQ 1800667

    God is an evolutionist.

HDTV TV Connection Home Theatre Displays