GA-EX38-DQ6...does anyone have one?

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Wondering if anyone has the GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DQ6 and what their experience is with it. I see more people going for the DS4 but the DQ6 looks like it has a better cooling setup for the chipsets. Any complaints against this puppy other than cost?

The DQ6 has better cooling indeed. It covers both SB and NB, and the heatpipes don't block one of the PCI-E x1 slots like they do in the DS4. More importantly IMO, the DQ6 has 8 SATA ports, while the DS4 only has 6 ports. Also, the DQ6 comes with eSATA adapters in the box.

TBH I have no idea if these differences are worth the $70 difference. I'm using 6 SATA ports now but I don't think I'll need a 7th soon. I don't use any PCI-E x1 slot either. If it's just for eSATA, that can be added for much less than $70, closer to $10.

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
I would say while it is justified to be more expensive than the DS4, neither are worth what is being charged, but you get what you pay for when it comes to electronics, and "premium" gaming boards come at a premium price. Either way I'm considering the DQ6 as well, but I'm having the toughest time finding a sound card, it seems that sound cards are the forgotten technology or something.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
It is my pretty stay away lol. I am getting one and if they run out before I get one in two or three days, I wil hunt you down man lmao. The damn memory ocz reaper 2x2 ddr2 1066, I wanted already sold out of stock in three days and now I will not be getting that, damn it. I am going to get the g skill 2x2 ddr2 1066 though and it appears to be just as solid.