Check my overclock please

mr_funnyjoke

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
i recently overclocked my pc after reading through threads here at Tom's and now i want to check to make sure that i have done it correctly so that i don't fry my pc

System:
Asus p5w dh deluxe
intel pentium d 840 at 3.2ghz OCed to 3.6. idle state in between 35-44 Celsius. overclocked through A.I booster from 200 external frequency to 225 EF
2 gig pc6400 corsair dominator in dual channel overclocked to 450mhz with 5-6-6-18 timings with a 2/1 ram ratio overclocked through bios to pc7200

now i understand that lower timings are better but i have also read to try to get a 1/1 ram cpu ratio so im just wondering if i need to change anything to get better performance.

sorry if the post is hard to follow or understand

mr_funnyjoke

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
and i do that by dropping the ram frequency correct. im just now getting into overclocking so i dont really know all the ins and outs of it

Witt78

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008

There are a million and one different bios chips out there and each one is different from the others.

I wish they could come up with a standardized set of terminology for use in the bios menus. Unfortunately they have not.

What I can tell you is this... My particular bios chip allows me to simply dial in the ram timings that I wish to run at.

After I dial them in, I must run memtest86+ to see if things are running stable.

- Witt