Closed

SSD HDD Solid State hard drive format prob

hi all ive just got a OCZ Solid State Drive Core Series Chep from ebay i format it 4 times to check if it works and 2 owt of 4 it says format not compet
5 answers Last reply
More about solid state hard drive format prob
  1. God_of_games said:
    hi all ive just got a OCZ Solid State Drive Core Series Chep from ebay i format it 4 times to check if it works and 2 owt of 4 it says format not compet

hi all ive just got a OCZ Solid State Drive Core Series Chep from ebay i format it 4 times to check if it works and 2 out of 4 it says format not compet can any body help thanks
  2. Welcome to the world of cheap SSD's.
    The bottom line is you get what you pay for; cheaper SSD's suffer from stalling and wear (full formatting isn't a good idea), that's why the more expensive ones are more expensive.
  3. MrLinux said:
    Welcome to the world of cheap SSD's.
    The bottom line is you get what you pay for; cheaper SSD's suffer from stalling and wear (full formatting isn't a good idea), that's why the more expensive ones are more expensive.

so it not my drive then?
  4. There's probably nothing wrong with it.
    The built-in Flash controller will automaticaly hide any bad blocks, so there is no point in a surface scan or full format.
    A quick format should be OK; the read speeds should be better than an standard HD, but writing large files will be slow and suffer from stalling.
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Solid State Format Storage