Why does my wireless connection to the internet keep disconnecting randomly?

Crux_14

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Whenever I'm playing a game, or on Facebook, or doing any other random internet-related activity, my internet will go from "Local and Internet" to just "Local"... My router is RIGHT next to my computer which has a built-in adapter. My signal strength is Excellent. I really need help with this because it's annoying...

You might want to give some specifics about your equipment, router, wireless computer, so someone can assist you.

Crux_14

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Well I'm 14, so I don't really know about the specifics, I can give you stuff like the brand name, but not the models. My router is a Cisco. My Computer is a Dell Windows Vista, and my internet is Time Warner

If you find that connecting Vista to
a working network causes connection issues, then you may have discovered that you have a router which is incompatible with Vista. Please try a new tool to determine the Vista-compatibility of your router. It's called the Internet
Connectivity Evaluation Tool, and can be accessed at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx

Try moving the router\system a bit further away from each other -- you mention it being right next to you and it is possible that you are too close and it is experiencing feedback problems due to being that close or you might actually be inside the broadcast range of the antennae so that the signal is not picked up properly.

Though if you are that close to the router I'd suggest using a wired connection instead of the wireless anyway since you'll get better throughput by using the wired connection and avoid any problems with interference from other wireless devices.

Grady_

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Hey, i got the same problem i have a Cisco router with Linksys.
I think that Cisco and Linksys has this problem, I've seen, "Randomly disconnects me from the internet when playing a game" ,on other post With The
Same Setup or vary close to the same setup
try another router it might work
but usually it's wireless and not wired that is the problem