Sign in with
Your question

1st AMD sucks after that Intel sucks and now AMD sucks etc yeah right!

Last response: in CPUs
February 14, 2008 1:02:13 AM

Just wondering...Intel gets owned by AMD and now Intel is owning AMD again.
Intel allready showed that it is capable of creating an 8 core cpu and counting. AMD can do this also. So, what is all the funny stuff about who is owning who? Do they have to follow a certain rule? I mean if I was AMD I would have released an 8 core allready if Intel was owning me. So, is this all a brainwashing story we are living in? Like AMD can't deliver an 8 core and 16 core etc....yeah right. They're allready controlling the 35 nm thx to IBM. I wonder when AMD can take over the crown again making everybody believe that Intel sucks again. Nice deals and we are all falling for it with all the nice tech talk.

Please dont tell me it's about developing schedules they have to keep getting a hold of cause that's bull. If AMD sees what Intel is doing from the first DUO core years ago...don't you think they can't release a way faster cpu? NO? Dream on. You are living in a brainwashed world. We are being fooled cause I know that if we need a a 10ghz from AMD to save the world this will cpu will be ready within a year time. AMD will take over again after Intel has it's money again....after that AMD is able to make money again etc etc....but at the end I wonder who is really making money. They keep the people switching systems all the time. MOBO makers? ;) 
But that's just my opinion. :p 

ps: The abrupt AGP to PCI-e was also a great trick to sell mobo's, don't you think so? Well...maybe it wasn't cause AGP was really down to it's knees though. :) 
February 14, 2008 1:04:48 AM

Is this supposed to be a sarcastic thread, or just a clown thread?
February 14, 2008 1:07:42 AM

yomamafor1 said:
Is this supposed to be a sarcastic thread, or just a clown thread?

It's a thread for people who actually reply on this. ;)  Do you think I'm being sarcastic now? :p 
Related resources
February 14, 2008 1:12:26 AM

alcohol + drinking alone = SyPheR :non: 
February 14, 2008 1:13:23 AM

jnava121 said:
alcohol + drinking alone = SyPheR :non: 

lol :D  No, I'm dreaming atm....and you are in it.
February 14, 2008 1:16:35 AM

SyPheR said:
It's a thread for people who actually reply on this. ;)  Do you think I'm being sarcastic now? :p 

I suppose. Luckily I'm not the person who spent a significant amount of his life typing up this BS.
February 14, 2008 1:17:39 AM

How is it that AMD can make a 8 core when they cant even make a quad core right. Maybe if they made a 12 core we could use it for an 8 core?
February 14, 2008 1:21:58 AM

Well, ok...it's like this....AMD has it's factory set up to produce cpus right? ;)  they can only produce a certain amount of cpu's. :)  That's why they are not releasing the great 8 core yet..they allready have it in the freeze though....but hey..do you think they will tell you? You would be dreaming just like me. I'm talking BS? Like people can look into AMD's freezer? Proof it. ;)  I could be talking less BS than you. It's just a wild guess. You may see it as BS...I dont mind. :)  Companies make deals with eachother...it happened back then....and it happens now....we will never know do we.

ps: I'm off to bed now :)  gn8
February 14, 2008 1:57:06 AM

Wow. Seriously, you need to learn to write. Use some line breaks and better grammar.

I stopped reading halfway through as I could no longer understand what he was rambling on about. Thats thirty seconds of my life that I will never get back...
February 14, 2008 3:19:07 AM

soloman02 said:
Wow. Seriously, you need to learn to write. Use some line breaks and better grammar.

I stopped reading halfway through as I could no longer understand what he was rambling on about. Thats thirty seconds of my life that I will never get back...

Plus the 15 seconds it took you to write a reply... ;) 

Wait, now I've wasted my life on this too...curses!
February 14, 2008 5:00:58 AM

Heh, now I've also been wasted.
February 14, 2008 5:13:53 AM

I wish I was wasted, then maybe I could have made some sense out of that dribble.
a b à CPUs
February 14, 2008 5:18:59 AM

Whatever Cypher, have a good day, try again with less coffee in your system.

Intel wins now, AMD again someday, buy whats best.

Calm down, goober!
a b à CPUs
February 14, 2008 7:06:04 AM

Someone remind me....

What was he on about again..........

Oh yeah

Even if AMD produced a Oct Core Processor, they will muck it up with 2 duff cores and call it a 6 core processor....

I am begining to get sick of AMDs name at the moment.....

AMD - just get something right...... For all our sanities sake.......

Do AMD actually manufacture anything yet worth while having anymore....

a b à CPUs
February 14, 2008 7:19:16 AM

ATI Graphics cards, good integrated systems for laptops, good low power cpu's.

Oh ... and the best scaling high end servers ...

February 14, 2008 7:56:34 AM

no many people discuss that they were tricked into upgrading to pci-e. they'll never understand that now and for about im guessing 10 more years until the majority of pc users change from a 32bit os to a 64bit, so no matter how fast the connections are running they are still using a 32bit os. and pci-e and agp makes very little difference. heres some prof and ever wondered why they dont compare a agp interface to pci-e with everything equal?
http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics2005.html?modelx=...
http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2006.html?modelx...
theres the closest comparesons i can find.

now for the amd intel war, amd was the only overclocking process, intel didnt want their chips messed with. also, intel was all about pure speed, amd was not all about that, they went perclock cycle, and were right, and now intel is goin the same way with c2d, now amd has the spider plateform and of course intel slapps together this skulltrain? what the hell is a skulltrain? thats a joke.
when i comes down to it since i pay my own bills and have a good paying job, i like to share how much ive saved to my friends and family not how much i blew on a overpriced rig that mostly plays games...lol. so intel doesnt have people like me in their minds they want young people with low paying jobs spending money they dont have.
i could never understand why u buy a 400 to 1500 dollar processor just to replaced it in a year. oh ya now intel has dropped their prices too..lol.
February 14, 2008 8:32:06 AM

SyPheR said:
Just wondering...Intel gets owned by AMD and now Intel is owning AMD again.
Intel allready showed that it is capable of creating an 8 core cpu and counting. AMD can do this also. So, what is all the funny stuff about who is owning who? Do they have to follow a certain rule? I mean if I was AMD I would have released an 8 core allready if Intel was owning me.

ps: The abrupt AGP to PCI-e was also a great trick to sell mobo's, don't you think so? Well...maybe it wasn't cause AGP was really down to it's knees though.

Consider it leapfrogging in mediocrity as well as innovation. There is no 8 core CPU because it's not needed on the desktop. Two cores are finally being fully supported, and four cores barely supported. I'm actually looking forward to B3 triple core Phenom's because, if there are any issues related to QA and quad cores, the triple cores are guaranteed to have the bad core disabled.

If the triple cores come out clocked higher than quad cores, that will lead me to believe there's actually a design issue with the second Phenom core that impacts both stock and overclock speeds. At any rate, I can see having my very own 3x3 system: a triple core Phenom on a 790 board with CrossfireX between a factory overclocked 3870x2 and a similarly factory overclocked 3870.

It's not about owning. That's a junior high lunchroom attitude based on too many energy drinks and FPS gameplay. There are more markets than the gamer, and there are more gamers than enthusiast overclockers who buy a new CPU every year and a new GPU ever six months.

As for motherboard sales, nothing has done that like Intel's changes in voltage between generations, such that a socket T X200 board bought by a friend six months prior to C2D could not support Conroe. PCIe is a reasonable upgrade to AGP, as AGP was a reasonable upgrade to PCI. Heck, I'm old enough a gamer to remember the competition between PCI and VLB (Vesa Local Bus, google it).

Time stands still for no tech company. Intel flubbed it with Netburst but had great marketing and unfair OEM rebate tactics. AMD flubbed it with Phenom, but not as bad as Intel with Netbust. AMD, however, does not have good marketing or any sort of tactic to keep Intel at a particular market share.

AMD does have the 780G chipset, which using 10 watts at idle will be great for notebooks and desktop PC's, even gaming PC's. Hybrid Crossfire helps the budget end and power saving will allow those of us with $450 cards to not use them all the time when surfing the net or watching a DVD. Were it not for CrossfireX enticing me, I'd definitely upgrade to a 780G for power savings.

Nvidia will have similar offerings out, I'm not sure that Intel has that in their next chipsets, as they seem to rely upon Penryn's own power saving features, something that's not expected with Phenom until 45nm.

February 14, 2008 8:52:58 AM

Don't read this if you are tired and sick in the head of those articles that contain bad Grammar please. So you don't have to reply on this while wasting your presious (vommit) time. ;) 

For the wonderfully smart people who feel like they are wasting their time by reading my bad grammar. :D  Get a life if you think you are that great.
I've never studied English. I've teached it myself thank you. Does that make me stupid? :p  Sometimes when you drink... (oops) funny things can be said (that should not be taken seriously). Probably this needs to be spoiled by unhappy (drewling over themselves) morrons that live to look for mistakes.
So stop being tired reading it half way and moan like a little baby that feels like the world is comming to an end while wasting time. Cause in fact, with that attitude your whole life would be a waste of time. ;)  Thank you.

And yes, last night the beer was serving me well. NOT. :D 
a b à CPUs
February 14, 2008 9:04:38 AM

The world needs all kind of people, and I am sure something meaningful (to someone) was probably said in this thread ... I just can't seem to find it.

I guess that would be my problem.

;p
February 14, 2008 9:23:06 AM

SyPheR,

It was not the grammar that was of no value, it was the content.
February 14, 2008 9:31:13 AM

I wish I had read this last night, now that I'm sober it's just not that good a thread.

AMD will release a 10 GHz in a year to save the world and already has an 8 Core CPU ready to go but doesn't because it's FAB is only producing 4 Core CPUs?

Right, and WE'RE the ones dreaming.
February 14, 2008 9:59:24 AM

This thread is dumb.
a b à CPUs
February 14, 2008 10:03:12 AM

at least cnu posted here so I don't feel dumb on my own ... LOL
February 14, 2008 11:14:01 AM

I feel a bit retarded for reading this post up to the end expecting it to contribute some new info to my brain. I've become dumber reading this, so in order to balance out the burnt brain cells I'll have no alcohol for a week.
Damn it...
February 14, 2008 11:30:07 AM

Naw...it was worth it just to get my 'smilies' quota for the day!
February 14, 2008 11:56:51 AM

AMD can't make an 8 core CPU for multiple reasons.
1) Lack or R&D funds
2) Manufacturing process

First, they would have update their fabs for the new manufacturing process, and then once they've done that they have to start creating wafers, which would likely contain mostly unworkable silicon if they decided to try and jump to 45nm and then also put 8 cores per die. This amount of unworkable silicon would guarantee that supply would be very low, but cost for the chips in both manufacturing cost, and cost a consumer would be very high.
a c 123 à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 14, 2008 2:00:14 PM

SyPheR There is nothing wrong with owning AMD. Just right now their quad cores are not competative. And in a real fact AMD does not have 32nm yet(there is no 35nm) but are working with IBM, Motorola and a few others to develop a 32nm process.

Intel already has working 32nm SRAM chips and is well on their way to making CPUs with it. Intel can also produce a 80 core chip and probably release it if they really want to. That chip can also be clocked to 5GHz(each core) and still stay under a 100TDP thermal envelope.

So to tell ya the truth AMD will not hit 32nm before Intel and I highly doubt they will hit 45nm until roughly 2009 since SOI @ 45nm will be a disaster waiting to happen.
February 14, 2008 2:23:46 PM

Quote:
FaNbOyIsMIts sickening. AMD owned Intel with A64 and X2 for 3 years straight. Intel has owned AMD for a year and half. Whats this mean? It means AMD has roughly another year and a half to catch up. So who cares?

What's this, did AMD sign an agreement with Intel saying that since they owned them for 3 years they now have to get owned for 3 years? :lol: 

February 14, 2008 2:38:28 PM

Maybe under that agreement, AMD will store away their ultra-high end processor into the freezer, and let Intel reign for another year and half.

I mean, after that, its Intel's turn to put their ultra-high end processor design into the freezer.
a c 123 à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 14, 2008 3:05:39 PM

Quote:
Chevrolet makes the most powerful truck, then the next year its Ford, then the next year its Dodge, then its Toyota, now Its Chevrolet again. Thats how the world works folks!

Since when did Chevy, Dodge or Toyota outsell Ford? And refresh me if I am wrong but can anything in the same class out tow a Ford F-450 Super Duty? No? Thats right. It can tow 24000 pounds or roughly 12 tons. And currently the F-150 is still the best selling truck & vehicle for many reasons. And has been for what 33 years?

AMD did a great job with X2. But that deosn't mean that every 3 years one will be on the top and the other on the bottom. Unless AMD has some magical machine that will make Phenom superior in what 2009 they aren't going to change anything. Hell Intel could hold this spot indefinately. AMD will just be the budget PC choice.
February 14, 2008 3:08:41 PM

yomamafor1 said:
Maybe under that agreement, AMD will store away their ultra-high end processor into the freezer, and let Intel reign for another year and half.

I mean, after that, its Intel's turn to put their ultra-high end processor design into the freezer.

Well, they did delay Bulldozer after all... ;) 
February 14, 2008 9:22:11 PM

It's kinda funny how some smart people take this drunk thread serious and start to bash around noncence :D  Like when you are drunk you should always act sain 100% orelse you are dumb? That boring?
It was just a bunch of crap.
You dont have to act smart and tell everyone you've got the brains cause you finally figured this thread out.
They can't just release a 10Ghz doh....we wouldn't have to buy a new cpu for the next 10 years to come.
They would hurt themselves in the wallet. Allthough I wonder what would happen if they knew that they won't survive afterall? Could they not release one more extreme CPU to make Intel buy the dust? Fantasy is a crazy thing.
In reality the only thing that AMD COULD do is skip one future CPU layout and release a more powerfull one.
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 14, 2008 9:38:53 PM

SyPheR said:
It's kinda funny how some smart people take this drunk thread serious and start to bash around noncence :D  Like when you are drunk you should always act sain 100% orelse you are dumb? That boring?
It was just a bunch of crap.
You dont have to act smart and tell everyone you've got the brains cause you finally figured this thread out.
They can't just release a 10Ghz doh....we wouldn't have to buy a new cpu for the next 10 years to come.
They would hurt themselves in the wallet. Allthough I wonder what would happen if they knew that they won't survive afterall? Could they not release one more extreme CPU to make Intel buy the dust? Fantasy is a crazy thing.
In reality the only thing that AMD COULD do is skip one future CPU layout and release a more powerfull one.

Location : Netherlands, speaks volumes, put down the 'roll up' and step away from the keyboard mate. Although your posts make me realise just how much further up the food chain I am, you're talking bollox.
February 14, 2008 9:49:41 PM

jimmysmitty said:

AMD did a great job with X2. But that deosn't mean that every 3 years one will be on the top and the other on the bottom. Unless AMD has some magical machine that will make Phenom superior in what 2009 they aren't going to change anything. Hell Intel could hold this spot indefinately. AMD will just be the budget PC choice.

Their magical machine is 45nm Swift on 780G boards in the notebook market.

It still probably wouldn't be enough, because the wicked witch of the east cast a curse on the product, hence the name "Phenom". Somewhere, an AMD marketer is in a bar crying on the shoulder of the Intel engineer who's bright idea was a 31 stage pipeline spaceheater. They both got laid off and are now sending resumes to Nvidia (ex AMD guy) and Via (ex Intel guy).

If 45nm Phenom delivers good thermals and energy savings at a price point that makes it worthwhile instead of a higher price, but more enthusiast, Intel product, then I'll consider. If not, then I'll stick with X2 until I absolutely have to upgrade, probably when regulators finally reach a settlement with Intel and I can buy their products again with a social conscience.
February 14, 2008 10:05:31 PM

I,m looking forward to possibly if IBM buys AMD then the CPU game will be on then!..
Currently if AMD brings out a 8core .. it will end up being a 6 core effectively then 1 core will have a issue , thus a 5 core CPU will be the result hehe .. Can they then use the Pentium name ?.. Penton ?
February 14, 2008 10:46:20 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Location : Netherlands, speaks volumes, put down the 'roll up' and step away from the keyboard mate. Although your posts make me realise just how much further up the food chain I am, you're talking bollox.

Location : America? Are you ashamed of your location cause you really sound like an American to me telling the whole world what to do. :)  Reminds me of "who makes the biggest media muppet show gets to win the election >> President Bush" the world is pissing on.
Finally, for once in your lifetime you are able to realise something that you are reading a thread that is more crap in comparison to your "to be taken serious crap". You sound like a....dumb mc donalds nerd.
Don't take everything that serious. Try and work harder and see the difference allready.

ps: If you are not from America I could advise you to move over there real quick. You'll be having real life friends in notime at all.
February 14, 2008 11:23:06 PM

PCIe wasn't just a trick to sell mobos. It is a superior interface, and allows for server-like bandwidth on a desktop platform. Most people just think in terms oif Video Cards, but PCIe is multi-purpose and will work with any device thats built to use the interface.

Some of the newer devices around simply would not be ablt to co-exist in a system without it. For example, a good dual port gigabit ethernet controller and a rocketraid 2300 for a 4-disk raid 5 on SATA-2? Could you imagine trying to do that on a AGP/PCI motherboard? No... because before the days of PCIe you needed a PCI-X board if you wanted to run that type of hardware without completely choking your PCI bus.

Also, I would tend to call into question some of the people on these forums that spread ramapnt fanboi-ism. Most of those people are the last to actually open up their wallets and support one company or the other. It's kind of like this, for the real consumer, the ultimate vote is made with one's own pocketbook. The rest, who can't, try to influence those who can.
I remember when 4x4 was coming out, back when BaronMatrix was the ultimate AMD fanboi... all he could talk about was how much 4x4 was going to rock and how he was going to run out and buy one.... I am curious if he is still using a 939 x2 4000?
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 15, 2008 3:54:14 PM

SyPheR said:

No, so give up the weed and try again.
February 15, 2008 4:15:36 PM

SyPheR said:
Location : America? Are you ashamed of your location cause you really sound like an American to me telling the whole world what to do. :)  Reminds me of "who makes the biggest media muppet show gets to win the election >> President Bush" the world is pissing on.
Finally, for once in your lifetime you are able to realise something that you are reading a thread that is more crap in comparison to your "to be taken serious crap". You sound like a....dumb mc donalds nerd.
Don't take everything that serious. Try and work harder and see the difference allready.

ps: If you are not from America I could advise you to move over there real quick. You'll be having real life friends in notime at all.

The world is pissing on? That sounds like an action, as far as I know all any other countries do is talk and discuss. I'm not even a Bush support but atleast the man sticks to his principles and does what he says he is going to do (wrong though it may be).

Maybe if you'd of been here longer, you'd notice we get a lot of threads like these that ARE serious. Therefore unless you end the post with a </sarcasm> tag how are we to know? Sarcasm does NOT come across well on the <sarcasm>Intraweb</sarcasm.

Now go hit the Red Light District.
February 15, 2008 4:49:26 PM

This thread makes a Thunderman post seem logical
February 15, 2008 4:49:40 PM

SyPheR said:

Americans generally don't call people "mate." "Bollox" is also a word you wouldn't often find an American using. Finally, the word "realise" is spelled "realize" in the US. I doubt mousemonkey is American unless he's trying to hide it by deliberately trying to appear European.

Edit: By the way, what's "a....dumb mc donalds nerd"?
February 15, 2008 4:57:26 PM

Was this thread created to.... waste my time?

:oops: . o O (tried to keep my comment short)
a c 123 à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 15, 2008 4:59:41 PM

uguv said:
Americans generally don't call people "mate." "Bollox" is also a word you wouldn't often find an American using. Finally, the word "realise" is spelled "realize" in the US. I doubt mousemonkey is American unless he's trying to hide it by deliberately trying to appear European.

Edit: By the way, what's "a....dumb mc donalds nerd"?

I was thinkin Australian due to the "mate" comment since most British don't use it. Either way no reason to pull a countries leader into it. I could find crap on any leader of any country since there is no such thing as perfect. Hell even Clinton had his downs, most of which were covered up nicely by Monica Lewensky.

In PC entuhsiasm its not about which company sucks but which company performs. AMD does not have a "high end" chip in the freezer as they have to wait idley by for IBM to produce a nice process then they apply it to their chip.

Now does anyone else find it funny that a few years ago AMD swore by SOI and now are waiting for IBM to develop a HK/MG for them to use?
February 15, 2008 5:29:57 PM

i want the five minutes of my life back that this thread has stolen...
February 15, 2008 5:57:22 PM

Hey SyPheR,

Noticed some flaws in your points -

In the discussion of AGP vs. PCI-e, you used low-end or dated graphics card benchmarks as proof that there is no difference. Low-end cards are the least likely to be constrained by interface bandwidth, which is precisely the change going from AGP to PCI-e. You'd need to use high end cards to make your point, and I don't see high end AGP in those charts (e.g. ATI x1950pro agp). You don't throw away your old motherboard just for a new VGA slot unless you need graphics horsepower, so the change of motherboards is a moot point for non-gaming users.

You'd probably be right if you said that high-end cards at the time of the AGP/PCI-e transition did not need the bandwidth, but that is a reality in the open market. Faster, incompatible motherboard interfaces from Company A need to come out before devices from Company B that fully utilize the bandwidth because it's a much bigger headache having to change your motherboard every time one of its interfaces becomes a bottleneck.

When talking about 8/16-core CPUs and 10GHz transistors, you neglect the fact that consumers are partly intelligent and cannot be sold on hollow numbers. Consumers' bottom line is performance. Intel already went partway toward the 10GHz plan before it realized that just doesn't work; lengthy pipelines of very simple stages also create a tremendous amount of heat without a matching increase in performance. Either company could meet your request for 8/16-core, 10GHz CPUs but you won't be assured that they'll perform well at all.
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2008 6:04:52 PM

SyPheR,

I think mousemonkey was giving you credit in that such a retarded post must be from someone stoned. Didn't seem like an attack on the Neatherlands.

After reading this post I can't follow if it is bad sarcasm, or mild down-syndrome.
February 15, 2008 6:22:38 PM

WTF is this **** thread of the month bid or what?
Ryan
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2008 8:58:16 PM

Ironnads said:
WTF is this **** thread of the month bid or what?
Ryan

All I know is that some one should have a processor called WIFE that sucks and we will all be happy....

But then again thats just my opinion............ :bounce: 
February 15, 2008 9:32:47 PM

My English sucks so I'm sorry for that. Thx for helping me out with the words though. When somebody hears the word Netherlands they always start talking about drugs. It's kinda funny cause I never ever heared the word meth in The Netherlands. The dope you find all over America that gets imported from Mexico. Please stop talking about weed too cause hello. I know lots of people on The Internet that smoke it and they do not come from The Netherlands. Yes, they even do it illigaly. And no, I was not stoned while writing this thread. I was just a drunk in a stupid way. ;)  So srry for wasting your time folks. Still funny to see so many people come in here just to talk a lot of crap telling me how stupid I am etc. Like I give a peeep. Go bother someone else. I can't undo this thread after this mistake remember?

cnumartyr
Ok ok, at least I'm not mumbling about Climat control while driving a big V8 car You know, the ones you see all over America in large quantities? </sarcasm>
Is this the way to do it? thx for letting me know.
February 15, 2008 9:36:48 PM

SyPheR said:
Ok ok, at least I'm not mumbling about Climat control while driving a big V8 car You know, the ones you see all over America in large quantities? </sarcasm>
Is this the way to do it? thx for letting me know.

You mean those who complains about how high the fuel cost is, then drive a Hummer H2?

Yeh I don't get those people..... :sarcastic: 
!