Auto find folders and printers

I have unchecked the box under tools\folder options to automatically find
network folders and printers. Yet it still does this everytime I go to
windows explorer\my network places and I hate it. Can anyone give me a tip
on getting rid of this mess.

TIA

John
1 answer Last reply
More about auto find folders printers

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:49:06 -0400, jguinan wrote:

    > I have unchecked the box under tools\folder options to automatically find
    > network folders and printers. Yet it still does this everytime I go to
    > windows explorer\my network places and I hate it. Can anyone give me a tip
    > on getting rid of this mess.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > John

    That setting is for detecting network resources at startup and periodically
    after that. It does not change the behavior that occurs when you access My
    Network Places - a listing of network resources, some new and some old.
    Older items from previous access and no longer available will eventually
    drop off of the list.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Windows Explorer Microsoft Printers Windows XP