  • Microsoft
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
July 27, 2005 6:49:06 PM

I have unchecked the box under tools\folder options to automatically find
network folders and printers. Yet it still does this everytime I go to
windows explorer\my network places and I hate it. Can anyone give me a tip
on getting rid of this mess.

TIA

John

More about : auto find folders printers

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:49:38 PM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:49:06 -0400, jguinan wrote:

> I have unchecked the box under tools\folder options to automatically find
> network folders and printers. Yet it still does this everytime I go to
> windows explorer\my network places and I hate it. Can anyone give me a tip
> on getting rid of this mess.
>
> TIA
>
> John

That setting is for detecting network resources at startup and periodically
after that. It does not change the behavior that occurs when you access My
Network Places - a listing of network resources, some new and some old.
Older items from previous access and no longer available will eventually
drop off of the list.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User