Video Card Problem on New Build

Barukbuktuguduktok

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Help!

My new build is not working. Last weekend I bought my new rig, below are its components:

Intel E6750 Processor
2 1GB Kingston DDR800 Memory
MSI P35Neo-F Motherboard
Inno3d 8800GT iChill Edition Video Card
Seagate 250GB Barracuda Hard Drive
LG 20x Lightscribe/DVD-RW
Casing w/ 500W PSU

Installing WinXP and motherboard drivers is perfectly working. But when I install the driver(Latest from Nvidia website) for the video card, the system is crashing, it shows the Blue Screen of Death and restarts by itself. After that, the system would hang-up while displaying "Welcome to windows" during start-up. I would have to restart in Safe-Mode just to able to use the system.

I am not sure what could be the problem. I know that there could be some incompatabilities with the components and have them changed to another brand. But as much as possible I want to retain them. Especially the video card.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

I

Barukbuktuguduktok

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Hi,

I also tried installing the drivers that came with the cd for my graphics card. I am not sure though if this is the same as what i can have from inno3d's website. Anyway, this is worth a shot and I will try this.

Could this be a memory or mobo incompatibility? I hope not as I really think that those components that I bought are really descent enough and not "generic" brands.

Thanks.