viewing clie jpeg files

Tags:
May 11, 2004 11:26:15 PM

This may be a silly question, and I'm prepared to get a silly answer, as I
think I must be missing the obvious!

I've just bought a clie th55 and very nice it is too, but...

Today my garden heater "exploded", I took some pics with the cle then
wanted to get them into my desktop computer to send with a letter to the
manufacturers.

I hot-synced and could view the pictures in CLIE organiser for PC, when I
edited a page in free notes. How do I export these photos as jpegs to use
in another application?

The only inport/export functions seem to be into/from a magic stick which
I have one on order but hasn't arrived yet!

I delved in the files on the PC and found the jpegs, but stored as Palm
data base files .JPG.PDB, for which I could not find a viewer/exporter
application. By default this file type goes into the installer! Is there a
viewer for the PC, Image converter only seems to go one way.

I come from a psion 5mx, where I could examine all the files on it from
the PC desktop and load/view from there. How do I look at the files on my
clie directly without a memory stick?

In the end I set up an email account and emailed the pics to my self via a
wlan! There must be an easier way to get the jpegs 6 inches across my desk!

PS I've registered, got a return email, but no Documents to Go pass/link!
Any one else had problems?

Thanks in adavance Steve.

--
Steve Knattress from London.
Using an Xscale Iyonix PC with: Newshound, Popstar and !Pluto

Recently purchased the TH55 also. Nice hardware exceptionally poor
OS/software. This PDA is a VERY distant 3rd compared to my HP Jornada
728 that runs WinCE. Can't answer your question, as I use the memory
stick.

Regarding Documents to go:
1. Get various errors when attempting to transfer documents
2. Every time I use the program I have to re-enter to registration
number.

Finally, have you noticed that there is no way to print from the Clie
desktop program! Look under File, there's no print function. IMO,
the applications programs need some serious revisions.

Regards,

Richard H.

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:26:15 +0100, Steve Knattress
<engineer@catnextdoor.com> wrote:

>This may be a silly question, and I'm prepared to get a silly answer, as I
>think I must be missing the obvious!
>
>I've just bought a clie th55 and very nice it is too, but...
>
>Today my garden heater "exploded", I took some pics with the cle then
>wanted to get them into my desktop computer to send with a letter to the
>manufacturers.
>
>I hot-synced and could view the pictures in CLIE organiser for PC, when I
>edited a page in free notes. How do I export these photos as jpegs to use
>in another application?
>
>The only inport/export functions seem to be into/from a magic stick which
>I have one on order but hasn't arrived yet!
>
>I delved in the files on the PC and found the jpegs, but stored as Palm
>data base files .JPG.PDB, for which I could not find a viewer/exporter
>application. By default this file type goes into the installer! Is there a
>viewer for the PC, Image converter only seems to go one way.
>
>I come from a psion 5mx, where I could examine all the files on it from
>the PC desktop and load/view from there. How do I look at the files on my
>clie directly without a memory stick?
>
>In the end I set up an email account and emailed the pics to my self via a
>wlan! There must be an easier way to get the jpegs 6 inches across my desk!
>
>PS I've registered, got a return email, but no Documents to Go pass/link!
>Any one else had problems?
>
>Thanks in adavance Steve.
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 2:37:02 PM

In article <8csaa09vqser84n4na9is09ctupkh62b23@4ax.com>,
<rh3x@erols.com> wrote:
> Recently purchased the TH55 also. Nice hardware exceptionally poor
> OS/software. This PDA is a VERY distant 3rd compared to my HP Jornada
> 728 that runs WinCE. Can't answer your question, as I use the memory
> stick.

Thanks , I now have a memory stick and can now file transfer.

A stick is a necessity to file transfer!

Steve

--
!