lightwolf21

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
I royally screwed up. What was I thinking messing with partitions? After partitioning my one hard-drive using Easeus Partition Manager 3.0 and letting the computer reboot, it gave the "no operating system found" message. All attempts to fix the problem through reinstalling vista using a boot disk on the harddrive, including attempting to format the harddrive gives Error code 0x80070057. How can I fix this problem without using programs that rely on an OS?

lightwolf21

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for the response.
It appears to be a generic error code involving the registry or drivers and could easily be fixed if I could access the system config, but I can't even do that. Is the operating system there and not being shown since I partitioned the drive? I can't reinstall on the harddrive using the recovery disc because of that error. If it's a driver problem how can I fix it without an os? Is there a way to salvage the harddrive or will I need to buy a new harddrive? If I buy a new harddrive can I install an OS on it with the recovery disc?
If anyone knows the answers to any of these questions or whether these questions are even relevant, please let me know.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Download Ultimate Boot CD and run Active@ Kill Disk to zero write the drive. You will need ISO Recorder or other ISO burning software to burn the ISO to CD.

You can also use the bootable DOS based tools from the manufacturer to do a zero write.

That will solve your problem if the drive is causing it.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I just used GetDataBack with stellar results. My brother told me that results vary based on the failure, after the fact of course. That guy just will not go out on a limb.