Hi Guys,

I have this system config:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

4GB Ram 800mhz

Asus P5E

Gigabyte 8800GTS 512 MB

Latest Nvidia Drivers.

-------------------------------------------

I was just watching divx movie in the middle of no where this whole pink screen came up. I couldnt do logoff or anything so I had to restart the whole pc....

Does any of my hardware faulty or this is a windows related error?

I need urgent help guys because if the parts faulty before the dates expiring I need to take it back in 7 days of purchase...

Thanks ,

Gokhan
a c 130 U Graphics card
February 4, 2008 7:28:33 PM

First dont over react it may be as simple as a codec problem with the film or it may just be the film itself.
Does the computer work ok except for the divx player, have you tried watching a differant movie ?
Mactronix
February 4, 2008 7:37:04 PM

Pink DivX is most likely a codec problem, as mactronix said. I've had the infamous "Pink DivX" before and fixed it w/ a codec pack, and I believe I also turned off video hardware accelerations in my graphics options. It's a pain, but it worked for me.
Related resources
February 5, 2008 12:15:33 AM

Check if your cable 2 screws are tightly secured at both end.
Always help to be ''well plugged''....
February 5, 2008 12:02:03 PM

Maybe I over reacted but how about this:

I was downloading some torrent with utorrent which I left the computer itself for about 1 hour and then probably monitor went in to screen saver mode but somehow when I came back.

I tried moving the mouse hitting keys on keyboards it didn't come back to my desktop all I see black screen.

Now is this a normal issue too ...

I tried to check cables both ends are tied up properly so from that point we are fine I guess.

What could it be causeing this ...?
!