windows security alerts balloon

i already got rid of this months ago but i swear ms keeps putting it back.so
my question is how do i get rid of this ballon sitting by my clock?
--
jack c.
3 answers Last reply

    Are you talking about a balloon with text or the shield? If you are annoyed
    by a red shield you can get rid of it by opening the Security Center (right
    click on the sheild or Start>Control Panel>Security Center). Look to the
    left pane on the Security Center home page and you will see five links. The
    bottom one is the one you want. It opens a box with three checkboxes.
    Uncheck the bottom checkbox.

    "jack c." <jackc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i already got rid of this months ago but i swear ms keeps putting it
    >back.so
    > my question is how do i get rid of this ballon sitting by my clock?
    > --
    > jack c.

    hey colin:thanks .that's it ,but it's the middle box.
    --
    jack c.

    "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

    > Are you talking about a balloon with text or the shield? If you are annoyed
    > by a red shield you can get rid of it by opening the Security Center (right
    > click on the sheild or Start>Control Panel>Security Center). Look to the
    > left pane on the Security Center home page and you will see five links. The
    > bottom one is the one you want. It opens a box with three checkboxes.
    > Uncheck the bottom checkbox.
    >
    > "jack c." <jackc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i already got rid of this months ago but i swear ms keeps putting it
    > >back.so
    > > my question is how do i get rid of this ballon sitting by my clock?
    > > --
    > > jack c.

    I misremembered. It is a very frequent question. You're welcome.

    > hey colin:thanks .that's it ,but it's the middle box.
    > --
    > jack c.
    >

    > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    >
    >> Are you talking about a balloon with text or the shield? If you are
    >> annoyed
    >> by a red shield you can get rid of it by opening the Security Center
    >> (right
    >> click on the sheild or Start>Control Panel>Security Center). Look to the
    >> left pane on the Security Center home page and you will see five links.
    >> The
    >> bottom one is the one you want. It opens a box with three checkboxes.
    >> Uncheck the bottom checkbox.
    >>
    >> "jack c." <jackc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >i already got rid of this months ago but i swear ms keeps putting it
    >> >back.so
    >> > my question is how do i get rid of this ballon sitting by my clock?
    >> > --
    >> > jack c.

Windows Security Microsoft Windows XP