windows security alerts balloon

July 27, 2005 6:10:11 PM

i already got rid of this months ago but i swear ms keeps putting it back.so
my question is how do i get rid of this ballon sitting by my clock?
--
jack c.
Anonymous

Are you talking about a balloon with text or the shield? If you are annoyed
by a red shield you can get rid of it by opening the Security Center (right
click on the sheild or Start>Control Panel>Security Center). Look to the
left pane on the Security Center home page and you will see five links. The
bottom one is the one you want. It opens a box with three checkboxes.
Uncheck the bottom checkbox.

"jack c." <jackc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i already got rid of this months ago but i swear ms keeps putting it
>back.so
> my question is how do i get rid of this ballon sitting by my clock?
> --
> jack c.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 7:35:07 PM

hey colin:thanks .that's it ,but it's the middle box.
--
jack c.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Are you talking about a balloon with text or the shield? If you are annoyed
> by a red shield you can get rid of it by opening the Security Center (right
> click on the sheild or Start>Control Panel>Security Center). Look to the
> left pane on the Security Center home page and you will see five links. The
> bottom one is the one you want. It opens a box with three checkboxes.
> Uncheck the bottom checkbox.
>
> "jack c." <jackc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i already got rid of this months ago but i swear ms keeps putting it
> >back.so
> > my question is how do i get rid of this ballon sitting by my clock?
> > --
> > jack c.

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 12:52:42 AM

I misremembered. It is a very frequent question. You're welcome.

!