Price Bump on 3870x2 video cards at Newegg

hcforde

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Was just over at Newegg looking at the ATI cards again and noticed that they 3870x2's are now $459.00 rather than the 449. when I last looked over the weekend. Let the gouging begin.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
I have decided to boycott NewEgg as they are the first to raise prices like this.
Usually they're pretty good about prices... but if they even get a hunch that something is a hot item... up goes the prices. I swear they've got a team of people just watching hardware forums recommendations. :p

rallyimprezive

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007

Yea, they usually arent too bad.

I have been shopping at my local Microcenter lately though. They have the E8400 for $199!
And equally impressive prices on RAM.

MAYBE NEW EGG WILL READ THIS POST!

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Yeah I used to buy everything at newegg not anymore but lately there prices just aint that good anymore and they are putting some heavy premiums on new product up to 25% ontop of the retail price.

That's insane

rosecityotters

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
i mean it goes both ways...i've been shopping with them for a long time...im pretty sure when they were ran ONLY out of cali...now they have places in tennessee and new jersey i think it is...the money for those "im sure massive" buildings has to come from somewhere! tho there's some products that they dont really need to carry like the tv's and such that after shipping costs more or the same as retail stores...that'd be one solution to bring some prices down imo

bash007

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
Oh come on, you guys in the US still get the best prices on electronics whether prices were raised or not.
It's everyone else in the world that gets royally screwed!

bravo29

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
I only order from them if the local frys doenst have it. Which latley they have been having nothing in stock. I can count on newegg when I need it fast. So far no complaints on delivery from new egg. Any where else 2-3 days to process the order and another 5-8 days to get the item from them. Uness I want to pay for faster shipping which from new egg so far I gotten 2-3 day for 5.99 or free.

We use to have a microcenter here but they closed, comp usa also till they closed. Going to best buy or circuit city is a joke. Both are way overpriced and never have anything in stock or they try to cram that stupid EXTENDED warranty down your throat.

Mail order from microcenter states mostly on everything 7-14 days for delivery. YUCK!

jnava121

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
NewEgg actually emailed me directly about that after I left a review saying something like " WTF the price hike over ? "

Forgot what they said... But i dont pay tax ! for now... so still better buying it from them

G

OMG, everyone knows when the demand for something gets above the supply, the price goes up. It happens with every new product they sell. You seriously have to make a post about it?

Hey thats how things get done. Scare tactics.