Sign in with
Your question

I just built my computer, and having issues.

Last response: in Systems
January 28, 2008 7:12:07 PM

This is what's going on. I just built this computer not even a week ago, and when I go to turn it on. It starts up, and turns itself off after 3-5 seconds, starts back up again, turns itself off again. It continues to do so until I turn it off with the back switch. Now when I turn it off with the back switch, and leave it for about 10 seconds, flick the switch back on and hit the power button on the front, it will turn on with no problems. I'm not sure whats going on but thats the only problem I've had with this computer. Other than that it runs fantastic, other than the first power on of the day. I have standy disable etc. So I'm not sure what's going on with it. I've taken out components one by one etc, and put them all back together. I went by the directions of the motherboard when hooking up the components. I'm not new at building computers, but this is the first time with this issue. I did not overclock this system! I have no clue? Help Please :) 

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Processor
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Processor Cooler
GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 Mobo
mushkin 2GB (2x1GB) Model 996527 RAM
EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS Vid Card
Thermaltake CL-G0102 VGA Cooler
OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W PSU
GIGABYTE 3D AURORA GZ-FSCA1-ANB Case
LITE-ON DVD Writer x20
APEVIA CF12SL-UBL 120mm Case Fans x3
Seagate SATA 160Gb HDD

More about : built computer issues

January 28, 2008 8:19:29 PM

Most likely the CPU or something isn't seated properly. It could also be your PSU.
January 28, 2008 10:07:50 PM

I'll re-seat the processor, psu hrm. Well I don't know why it works after a few tries. Computers can be odd lol. Thanks.
January 29, 2008 2:28:54 AM

I'd try another power supply.
Related resources
!