Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Spyware attack

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 28, 2010 1:43:12 PM

my computer has been attacked by spyware and i have this stupid message on my desktop tellin me "you're computer has been

infected by spyware, click here to ..." . i'm aware not to click on it. and i do have a program on my computer called "spyware

doctor" and i was trying to run it to try and fix the problem, but it seems though as if the spyware has completely taken over my

computer. it runs soooo slow and hangs itself when i try to open up any type of program. i want to fix the problem but how am i

supposed to fix it if i cant run anything on my computer? please somebody help me!!!

More about : spyware attack

a b 8 Security
June 28, 2010 2:48:10 PM

Restart the PC, and tap F8 on startup. Choose to start in 'safe mode with networking.' Download, install, and update malwarebytes. Then do a full system scan. It should find and remove all the malware.
www.malwarebytes.org/

Download and run Combofix.
www.combofix.org/

After malwarebytes and combofix are done, download ccleaner. Run the registry tool and fix the issues. You may need to run this several times to resolve all the issues.
www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Restart the PC, and it should be back to normal.
Score
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2010 7:22:28 AM

hey kate

It seems as if ur system is totally bugged.Ur system may be facing various problems...here is a single cure...

-You need to restart ur pc in the safe mode.
-Now u can install Advanced System Optimizer.
-Run System Protector scan and clean the infections if found.
-Now run the Registry Cleaner and then Registry optimizer to tune registeries.
-Now tune up the disk with the help of Disk Optimizer.

there are various other utilities also that may help u.Hope this may bring back ur pc to normal.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-System-Optimizer/3000...
Score
Related resources
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2010 7:22:40 PM

Quote:
hey kate

It seems as if ur system is totally bugged.Ur system may be facing various problems...here is a single cure...

-You need to restart ur pc in the safe mode.
-Now u can install Advanced System Optimizer.
-Run System Protector scan and clean the infections if found.
-Now run the Registry Cleaner and then Registry optimizer to tune registeries.
-Now tune up the disk with the help of Disk Optimizer.

there are various other utilities also that may help u.Hope this may bring back ur pc to normal.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-System-Optimizer/3000...

My money is on Aford's suggestion of MalwareBytes and my only other suggestion in these circumstances is to change it's name in order to get it to install and run. The sort of infection this OP has will be aware of what can destroy it and will be on the lookout. Rename MBAM.exe to Fred.exe and that fools the malware into letting it go through. Your suggestion of a system and Registry optimiser would not do any good at all in this circumstance.

Score
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2010 7:23:56 PM

Then again,. perhaps I should have posted this under my real name - Sir Laurence Olivier. :D  :D 

Score
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2010 7:33:21 PM

I think they are the same person. They are showing as using the same IP.
Score
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2010 7:35:50 PM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
Score
!