How to create your own windows compilation/edition

denialists

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
hello all,
i'd like to know how to create your own windows compilation and use it as a bootable installation cd with
all the software that u will need
cheerz

Note that this probably won't give you a very good idea on how to create automated applications setups. You need to look at unattended installations for that, but fortunately most applications can do that when you provide them the correct info in some sort of a text file, usualy setup.ini or something similar.

denialists

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
and one again thanks and appreciation, are there any tutorials on how to predefine or config the setup.ini or other apps to have a compilation with the software that i want to be included in my own windows compilation?

It's all based on the application. I know Microsoft stuff has good unatendted options, but others may not. You just need to search around for how to do an unatended installation using whatever programs you want to add.

The issue with this, is that at some point you will either need to pre-enter in the serial number in the unatendted setup text file or have the program pause for it. If you code in on serial number, the application may not work after more than one setup when it goes online to register. Which many programs do now.

TRENDING THREADS