Windows xp no ethernet driver

aforman

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
Hello,I have a multi-boot system set up and it Includes 3 OS's, Windows 7, XP, and a flavor of Linux. My XP installation does not recognize hardly any of the drivers for the hardware on my HP pavilion dv2941se laptop. Beings it doesn't have the driver for my network card i cant get online to search for other drivers. Anyone have any advice?

aforman

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
Well I have found some drivers and saved them on my XP hard drive and booted into XP and run the install and it shows the install finished, but its as if nothing has happened. Still nothing. Im not sure if there's a way to associate a hardware device with an installed driver or what. I'm thinking my hardware may be too new or something to be compatible with the XP OS. It was originally designed for Vista. But im sure that shouldn't be the case

aforman

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
Well I have found some drivers and saved them on my XP hard drive and booted into XP and run the install and it shows the install finished, but its as if nothing has happened. Still nothing. Im not sure if there's a way to associate a hardware device with an installed driver or what. I'm thinking my hardware may be too new or something to be compatible with the XP OS. It was originally designed for Vista. But im sure that shouldn't be the case

Go online to Dell's website, search for you model and look for XP drivers. Install the motherboard or system drivers first. Then try the driver download for the system. You probably have the Vista drivers since you seem to be talking about that in relation to your system. Vista drives don't have a good chance of working with XP.