Need Help! PLS!!

LeonRa

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I just purchased Gigabyte ga-ma770-ds3 and i can't menage the rpm's of the coolers. They are spinning at full speed all the time and it drives me crazy. Any ideas? I'm using Collermaster RC 1000 Cosmos case. For some reason the utility called Easy Tunes 5 Pro is not menaging the speeds.

Gh0stDrag0n

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
Easy tune 5 Pro is only able to control the CPU heatsink fan and turn the northbridge fan on/off at preset temps. If you want to control your case fans you will need to buy a pwm or rheobus fan controller.
If you want to get creative you can modify a molex plug So the +12 v (yellow) and the +5 v wire (red) are used to power the fan, that will give you around + 7.9 volts. Noise levels will drop but so will airflow.

LeonRa

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
OK thanks, i was able to put something together and the noise is more bearable now. I was just so pissed off by Gigabyte for not giving proper bios options. On the last MB i had (Abit AN8) i could control all the fans(except the graphics, of course), both from the bios and windows. I guess there's one more thing to look for when bying the next MB. :pfff: