Informational Balloons on Taskbar and in Systray

Running Windows XP Home SP2 on a new HP Pavilion Notebook with 512 MB RAM
and 40 GB hard drive.

How do I get rid of the balloons that appear whenever my cursor lands on a
quick launch button (such as Netscape, Word, etc.) on the Windows taskbar?
These balloons tell me what program the icon stands for, which I already
know. I find them annoying.

Thanks!

Joan
2 answers Last reply
More about informational balloons taskbar systray

    A Baffled User wrote:

    > Running Windows XP Home SP2 on a new HP Pavilion Notebook with 512 MB
    > RAM and 40 GB hard drive.
    >
    > How do I get rid of the balloons that appear whenever my cursor lands
    > on a quick launch button (such as Netscape, Word, etc.) on the Windows
    > taskbar? These balloons tell me what program the icon stands for,
    > which I already know. I find them annoying.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Joan

    Go to MVP Kelly Theriot's website here:

    Scroll down to Item 11 on the left side.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Great, Malke. Thank you!

    Joan

    "Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
    >A Baffled User wrote:
    >
    >> Running Windows XP Home SP2 on a new HP Pavilion Notebook with 512 MB
    >> RAM and 40 GB hard drive.
    >>
    >> How do I get rid of the balloons that appear whenever my cursor lands
    >> on a quick launch button (such as Netscape, Word, etc.) on the Windows
    >> taskbar? These balloons tell me what program the icon stands for,
    >> which I already know. I find them annoying.
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Joan
    >
    > Go to MVP Kelly Theriot's website here:

    > Scroll down to Item 11 on the left side.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    > Elephant Boy Computers