xfx 780i owner opions please

horribleman

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
hi am going to buy a new system soon and have been reading some good but also some bad reports on this and the evga board (same board i know)
has anyone on here got the board and there opions of the xfx one please?
i will be running a Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX9650 "LGA775 Yorkfield"
2 8800gtx cards in sli and 4 gig of ram ,coolermaster 1000w power supply.
i am using the pc for gaming gaming and more gaming lol on a res of 1680 x 1050
do not intend to overclock it as new to the scene in that respects
so would like to know if this set up would be stable if not overclocked,also could someone please advise some good ram choices for this board that they know is stable with the xfx 2 x 2 gig please
thanks in advance i hope i have provided the right information you clever people need,
thanks mark.

Waspy

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2005
Can only say I'd feel more comfortable with the eVGA board. Like you said, heard iffy things about both boards...eVGA has a better reputation as a company on the graphics card front so I'd trust them to be able to help you out if your board is DOA or some other nasty thing.

Thorbaden

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
ive had good experience with XFX customer support, had a video card burnout after couple months of using (7900GS AGP). (overheated to 75C then stopped working), RMA'd it they tested it and found it faulty, but they offered me a 8800GTS 320 pci-e replacement because they were out of stock on the 7900GS AGP. i find that a big plus for customer service and will definitely buy from them in the future.

zerotm

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
I have the eVGA board, everything's good and stable.

Warranty and 90 day step up program should I want to upgrade to a newer board such as the 790i.