Sign in with
Your question

Trouble with audio configuration after reinstalling windows

Last response: in Windows XP
June 28, 2010 7:31:44 PM

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask, so if not, sorry. Anyway, for the last few months while I've been away at school, the family desktop at home hasn't been able to play any type of audio. It's not a problem with the speakers- they work fine when plugged into my laptop. I just finished reformatting my hdd and reinstalling Windows XP, and still the problem persists. My PC just isn't recognizing any type of speakers- under the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties in the control panel, it simply says "No Audio Device." I use onboard sound, and I've checked the BIOS to make sure it's enabled and I've installed all the drivers that came with my mobo after the reinstall, but still- nothing.

I'm at a complete loss as to what is wrong- do any of you have any suggestions? Thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated.
June 29, 2010 5:31:04 PM

If it states "no audio device" looks like "all the drivers" you installed did not include the sound card drivers. Check again, maybe download from the manufacturer's web page.
m
l
!