crusher

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Hi all,

Im going to build another computer because the last one that i had burned up becasue a lizard was sleeping in my psu (yes damn lizards, that was the first time that i saw fire coming out from a PC)

My last PC was:

AMD athlon x2 6000+
Asus M2N deluxe wireless edition
2 gigs corsair pc 6400
7900gt evga SLI
250 WD caviar

All the parts r not working so i will have to start from scrach.

Since i dont play a lot rite now (im just playing wow) i was thinking in building something for casual gaming, im willing to spend like USD 600 until i have like 3k for a dream machine so this one have to last at least for 6 to 8 months

I want the new pc in this case http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-vf1000bws-lanbox-case-black.html
so it will be a micro atx mobo.

PLZ help cuz is the first time that im going to build a low end PC so i want to save some money.

Thanks,

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Recently used this with a build my granddaughter and I put together for her. If you want to overclock, the 5000+ Black Edition would be good or if not overclocking the 6000+, with the Black Edition you'll need a HSG. RAM, if your overclocking, the Crucial Ballistix would be could, if not, A DATA makes good inexpensive RAM. I recently got an 8600GT and was going to use it on a mATX mobo, and ASUS M2NPV-VM, nice board have 2 of them and no problems,but older video, which wouldn't really matter. It ended up covering one of the PCI slots so I had to use my 7600GT. The problem with the new GPUs is that their cooling, be it fan or passive, tend to be pretty big, which creates a problem with an mATA board. Kind of surprised it burned all your parts, have you tried them all in another machine?
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813128056

akhilles

Splendid
WTF was the lizard doing? You living in a dorm?

Go with AMD. No you don't need Ballistix to overclock 5000+. Any DDR2-800MHZ will do. Just change the multiplier to x15 (x 200mhz HTT). Bingo. Instant 3ghz overclock on stock voltage. Guaranteed to o/c boards are Biostar T-Force. Cheap & proven. For GPU, at least an HD3850. It's really cheap for the amount of polygons it can pump out.

I think it's just your PSU. Try another one or bring it to a store for a check-up.

crusher

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Hi, Thx for your help guys,

I think im going with the 5000+ its good and its cheap.

My parts are not working, i tested all the parts on my brother computer ( its the same as mine) and the only thing that "works" was the amd 6000+ but its very inestable when i turn on the machine some times start with 20% to 50% less of clock and amd wont RMA my CPU, the saddest thing is that i bought that cpu replacing my 3800+ like 2 months ago.

in the other hand 1 of my cards dont display video and the otherone have artifacts so im screwed.

Thx for your help guys.

akhilles

Splendid
I think it's the old bios. You have to flash the bios with another cpu & floppy drive. AM2 boards are old & may sit on shelf for months if not a year. The bios will be outdated.