I am getting close but i am still not there! I have a 8800 gts 512 (as seen in my sig) connecting to a LNT4061F 40" samsung 1080p hdtv. It has a VGA input and a hdmi, but no dvi. I have bought a couple connection cords and not sure if there is any other kind of cord i can get to send out this signal. Any ideas? The words on the screen are readable but i am still having trouble with dvds using blaze, power dvd, and cyberdvd... Any ideas? I have been able to resize the dektop and to get everything working. I have checked the settings and the card is on 1080p at 60hz.
Has anybody had any luck with this? I am unsure how to change the hdmi input from type 1 or 2... that sort of thing
AT 1080P on my 70 Inch HDTV...HD/Blue-Ray movies are great as well as games...
1) Video Card(Or any Video player) and TV must be HDCP compliant to display 1080P for Blue Ray or HD-DVD
2) PowerDVD from Cyberlink is what I'm using to play HD-DVD and Blue-Ray on my PC. Caution about new Video cards (e.g. 8800gt); Cyberlink is ~ 2.5 months late. It does not recognize 8800gt and latest driver from nvdia. They sent me patch to get by. So I'm waiting for another software update from cyberlink.
Cyberlink process both Video and 5.1 or 6.1 Audio(whatever comes with the disc)
3) The Video output; i use DVI to HDMI. My sound is through optical-link going to my receiver (Not TV).
4) I use the NVIDIA control-panel to adjust my HD display settings. My current setting is 1080P.
5) My mobo has a built in audio 7.1. For now i'm using it, optical link to my receiver. So far its working fine.
Heres my setup:
Mobo: Asus Maximus Formula
Memory: 4 gByte
Video: BFG 8800GT OC 512
PS: Antec Quatro 850
Display : 70 Inch HD TV (JVC)/// 2 HDMI
Optical Drive: LG HL-DT-ST-BD-RE GGW-H20L // Blue Ray Writer player/ HD-DVD Player; SATA Interface; No issue with this drive
Sound: I use my receiver and home speakers for the sound. I pick the signal from the optical link from the motherboard.