Picture disappear while watching DVD

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
June 21, 2005 4:19:29 AM

Hi

I was watching a DVD movie on a newly bought Samsung HLP-5063W, after about
45 minutes, the picture suddenly disappear, the audio is still there, the
remote stoped working, I have to press the On/Off button on the TV set to
get everything back to normal again. I tried the same DVD again today and it
happened again. I wonder if is this the DVD problem or the TV problem? Of
cause, I will try other DVD tomorrow.

Thanks In Advance!
Polaris
June 21, 2005 12:18:16 PM

"Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I was watching a DVD movie on a newly bought Samsung HLP-5063W, after about
>45 minutes, the picture suddenly disappear, the audio is still there, the
>remote stoped working, I have to press the On/Off button on the TV set to
>get everything back to normal again. I tried the same DVD again today and it
>happened again. I wonder if is this the DVD problem or the TV problem? Of
>cause, I will try other DVD tomorrow.

Well, if what you said is true then it's the TV that is the problem.
Try and recreate the problem then make sure you turn off only the TV
or the DVD player, but not both. Then turn that device back on. If the
problem is gone then you've found the culprit.

There is a possibility that you've have your system connected such
that when you turn off the TV the DVD player also goes off, so you
need to make you are only turning off just a single device.

Also which remote is not working? If the TV is the problem you should
still be able to pause the DVD or stop the movie from playing. So the
audio should stop playing once you do that.
June 22, 2005 3:02:32 AM

Thanks for your info. I think its the DVD disk problem. I tried other DVD
disk and there is no problem.

Polaris

!