D-Link router isn't working correctly.

Jericho14

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
My D-link wireless router (a DWA-140) has been working very well for about that last 6 or 7 months now; then, out of nowhere, it suddenly seemed to act wierd. Out of the blue, it just disconnected from my usb signal reciever and conneted to a different router from the neighbor's home. Whenever I click on the my router to reconnect, it only connects for about 20 seconds then it starts saying its connecting to 'access point' then it connects to the neighbor's router. I've tried going onto the D-link website (The thing where you log on to adjust router settings0 but i keep getting an error saying 'this destination doesn't exist' and what not. Help much appreciated.

G

Few things to check.

See if the router's wireless is set to automatic channel select and make sure you are on manual.

Scan for neighbouring wifi using your wireless adapter's utilities (or download NetStumbler) and select a new channel that gives reliable results. Test signal strength with all 11 (or 13 depending on your country setting). Select one at least 5 stops from strongest neighbour.

Relocate cordless phone base, video sender etc away from router or computer.